“If you're comfortable with centipedes, this is the place for you.”
Review of Ramada Trenton

Ramada Trenton
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Trenton
Toronto, Canada
“If you're comfortable with centipedes, this is the place for you.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Okay, so it would be wrong of me to say that the majority of our two night stay was terrible, because it was not. The beds were comfortable, and the hotel was mostly quiet. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk clerk on staff was kind and courteous.

The room itself was clean, but there was a weird brown stain in our the bathroom sink. I don't know what it was, and I absolutely don't want to know what it was. It wasn't rust; I've seen my fair share of rust, and that was not it. The ceiling directly above the shower was spotty and looked like it was starting to mould. But, these are things we can look past.

What I can't look past, however, was on the morning of our checkout, I found a centipede the size of my index finger (though I have small hands, that's still quite large for a bug found in a hotel), crawling across the desk. In a panic, I quickly smacked it with a shoe, and only seconds later realized where I was and what it was. To say it turned the small remainder of our trip sour would be an understatement. The occasional spider is one thing, but when I see a bug of that size crawling around loud and proud during the daylight, I don't even want to imagine what other creepy crawlers are lurking about the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I remember checking you out personally and as I stated on checkout, I am so sorry this happened to you. I can only imagine that it must have come in through the ventilation unit and I assure you this is not a regular occurrence in our hotel. If you would like to discuss you stay further with me, I can be reached at (613) 394-4855 extension 401.

Ramada Trenton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night before a camping trip to Presquile (long story). I wasn't expecting too much since we got a GREAT prepaid rate on Priceline (about as much as a night of camping!!), and since I'm not usually a fan of the Ramada chain (some bad experiences in the past :p).

We arrived late, so check-in was smooth and quick. We were given a room on the first floor near the exercise room.

The room was extremely clean and looked like it was recently updated. We were given a one queen room with a double sofa sleeper. The size was pretty spacious and suited our needs. The desk had the right amount of outlets to charge all our devices. And there was a mini fridge which came in handy since we had a lot of stuff for our upcoming camping trip that needed some freezing/refrigeration.

The bathroom was clean, and although the amenities were at a minimum (soap, shampoo and conditioner; no lotion for those who care) the scent was very pleasant. Also, no ice machines on the first floor in case that's something important to you.

The pool was quite big, but the kids ended up being too tired to try it out, so I'm not sure if it was heated or not. My husband visited the exercise room and quickly returned declaring it to be the worst hotel gym he's ever seen! He said it looked like something out of the 70s! The little equipment it did have was yellowing, and there were even people in the hall actually working out without equipment it was that bad!

Overall though, a very good stay. The bed was comfortable, room was clean and location is right off the highway with a Tim Horton's and McDonald's nearby. Free Breakfast would've been nice, but honestly most free hotel breakfasts are lacking, so we usually end up going out to eat anyway.

If you can get a good price (my advise is check Priceline first) I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TOtravlr
I really appreciate it when someone takes the time to go into as much detail as you have about your stay. I am sorry your husband did not like the gym, we are examining possibly upgrading it in the coming year. Thank you so much and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Maple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Clean and good a good value. The air-conditioning unit was loud and may not have been working properly. Common problem with these type of cooling/heating units. Great room except for a small washroom. The room was cleaned quickly upon stepping out for a few hours. The restaurant food was very good and the service and friendliness was appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review for us and share it with the Trip Advisor community. I am sorry you had issues with you A/C system. I will raise your concern with housekeeping and we will make sure maintenance finds and either repairs or replaces the loud unit.

Cambridge
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel is close to the 401. Hotel rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. Hotel staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Ramada Trenton Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Comfort Inn Trenton
#5 of 7 in Trenton
Comfort Inn Belleville
Comfort Inn Belleville
#5 of 7 in Belleville

Been to Ramada Trenton? Share your experiences!