“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Indian
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stopped here to eat about a month ago and have had to return several times since then.... it is so good! The decor is slightly dated both in and out, but it is very clean, the service is outstanding and the food is too. The server (owner?) is very professional, very kind and very knowledgeable... he has a BA and MA in history.

Every time I go, service and food are the same... outstanding. Despite this, Koh-i-noor seems to be a best kept secret since it is always quiet with very few occupied tables!! Perhaps it wont be now,... but good food and service deserve to be shared and the efforts of the owner and staff deserve to be recognized!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tom k

Waterloo, Canada
“Loyal customer gushes over local Indian gem”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family have been returning here for a consistently great Indian experience for over 10 years. What can I say: the service here is always top notch. I'm always warmly greeted when picking up take-out, and sometimes if they feel I've waited too long they'll throw in a free dessert. High standards of service and cleanliness; these guys have it down to an art.

We've never been disappointed with the food, and often I think of Koh-i-noor as the standard I rate other Indian restaurants against. Thank you!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank bensagle
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Great food, nice atmosphere, excellent service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I went for an early dinner on a Wednesday evening, and found that the restaurant had only a couple of tables occupied. We were greeted warmly, given papadum right away, and served in a resonable time. The place was very clean, and looked sharp with cloth napkins and table cloths. We ordered a combo dinner with appetizers, beef curry, a cauliflower dish, chicken vindaloo, and a dessert. We weren't asked if we wanted anything spicey/mild and everything we ate was very mild but certainly flavourful. The pricing was ok, and I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for Indian food in the K-W area.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Clay W
“Such A Jem”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

On the outside the restaurant looks outdated, but on the windows of he restaurant they have posted new articles, and sticker's awards for the restaurant, hence my friends and I decided to give it a try. The place is nice and clean on the inside with minimal decor. We were greeted by a very nice man who helped us pick popular items, since it was our first time. We ordered the butter chicken and the daksan with extra naan. Once we got home (it was for takeout) and started eating the food, it was the most delicious indian food I have tried. The naan was still smoking hot when we go home, indicating that it was made fresh. The portions were also generous, lots of rice, and chicken. I did find the entres a little pricy, but they offer special lunch options from 12-2 that are on the economical side. I definitely recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
Waterloo, Canada
“Don't bother ordering within 15 minutes of 2:00pm”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Food was quite enjoyable although portions are small for the price. The dining experience was a major disappointment. We arrived at 1:45 not realizing that they closed at 2pm for lunch. There were 2 of us and since most tables were empty at that time we asked for a larger table just to have more room. Our request was denied because he said that they were closing in 15 minutes and it would mean he would have to set another big table. We asked if we were too late for lunch. He said that we could order (quickly) and they would have to stay until 3 if that's how long we took to finish our meal. So, we were rushed to order, our food came quickly and we were hovered over for the first 15 minutes and then at 2:05 were asked to please hurry to finish because he had to pick someone up at 2:15. We ended up packing up our food for take out and finished the meal at home. That's how uncomfortable it felt to dine there! We would have been much happier to be told we were too late for lunch and have a more enjoyable experience somewhere else. Won't be coming back anytime soon to this kind of restaurant that's so glad to take your money but not treat you respectfully.

• Visited October 2012