“Not very tasty”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've eaten at this place a number of times over the years. Each time I've been disappointed. Service and atmosphere are fine, but the food lacks taste. For an Indian place, I think they need to revamp their menu....maybe bring in a few new recipes or a new chef? It was also very expensive -- $14/person for a buffet lunch!

1  Thank Ndoy

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Myself and two colleagues went to Classic Indian today for lunch. We've all been several times before, but not for a few years. Lunch is buffet time at Classic Indian. The menu seems not to have changed for all of the six or seven years I've been going: channa dal, chicken korma, beef madras, onion bahji and samosas. But we keep coming back because its always good, as is the award-winning mulligatawny soup. Dessert is a little tub of kulfi, which you can take away with you and most people do.(The dinner menu is much wider, and just as good)

I've never seen it crowded at lunchtime. But there is always a steady number of people, even early in the week. There's the normal range of beers, and Cheetah if you want to go Indian.

After a recent office move I'm now very close to this restaurant, and I'm sure I'll be back again. The lack of variety always drives me away after a bit, but then I come back again when I remember the quality.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We tried their online ordering. They called within minutes of our placing the order to confirm. Our order was ready in about 35 minutes. We had veggie samosas, baingan bhurta, chicken korma with raita, pappadams, nan and paratha. Everything was fresh and delicious except the paratha, which seemed a bit over done to us. The veggie samosas were crisp and not greasy. The baingan bhurta was spicy, but too hot. The chicken korma had a lovely, creamy sauce, well seasoned but not spicy. We will definitely order from this restaurant again.

1  Thank Elffriend
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a number of times for dinner but yesterday we decided to try their Lunch Buffet.

At $11.50 per person, the buffet is a good deal.

I had a small bowl of soup, appetizers and I tried all the mains. Needless to say, I got stuffed and left quite satisfied.

This is a small restaurant and it has the best Indian food in Waterloo Region. We've been here before and we will be back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent $35 on food and didn't even feel full. Portion sizes were small, very overpriced for the quality. Also the chicken was really dry, probably why they drowned it in sauce..