“Average at best.....”
Review of Wildcraft

Wildcraft
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildcraft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 382 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluesprings Drive
Transit: On the main 7 line going to Conestoga Mall.
Description: Waterloo's Premiere and private dining venue. Providing high-tech hospitality for your dining needs in the Waterloo region.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Saturday night date night dinner. Thought it would be nice to sit on a patio for dinner so we tried Wildcraft. My wife has had some business lunches there and said it was a good spot.
Service was fine, but patio dark, no candles on tables and tough to read menu without the light of your iPhone. Started with the mushroom sliders and Maki roll. the sliders may have been good, but for the fact they were served on mini white hamburger buns. (I know that is what a slider is supposed to be) But, very pedestrian presentation and flavourless. The maki roll was "just OK", but certainly no better than grocery store sushi. When I am paying $14.00 for a glass of wine, I would expect more.
We shared the tuna for entrée. Dismal, in a word. Potatoes were undercooked and tuna was cold and tasted like it had sat in brine for a day. Neither of us could finish it.
Wildcraft.... nice surroundings, upscale wine list (in price) but falls short on the food. In the end roadhouse trying to dress up as fine dining. There are far better choices in Waterloo.

There are newer reviews for Wildcraft

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to Wildcraft about 4-5 times. My most recent visit was rather disappointing. The steak frites was average at best. The shortrib antijitos appetizer was mouthwatering the last time I had it. This time it was full of fat, yet dry as if it had been sitting too long. Dessert was unremarkable. I will be looking elsewhere the next time I want to spend a lot of money at a restaurant. I just didn't feel that the food was worth the prices.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went early on a holiday weekend Friday night, and found the place quite empty. Consequently the service was prompt and efficient. I had the carrot & sweet potato soup as an opener, then the shrimp & scallop linguine. She had the goat cheese stuffed chicken with vegetables and buttermilk mashed potatoes. The linguine was a bit overcooked, but the taste was good and they didn't skimp on the seafood. The wine is pricey for what you get.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went after Waterloo U graduation. Place was too loud for comfortable conversation and the waitresses liked to flaunt their little bodies in the guys' faces. But despite that we had a nice time and enjoyed the food. A bit pricey for what you get.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We enjoy fine dining, and decided to celebrate my wife's birthday at Wildcraft, we had dined here two years ago and remembered it as a decent restaurant - on par with The Keg (sorry to say), but about the best Waterloo has to offer. I can only say that the food experience on this occasion was not good. The service was excellent the waitress and the manager were friendly and accommodating, however the food was inedible, greasy and the taste, disgusting. We both walked away with a greasy feeling in our mouths, after having sampled 4 of the worst dishes of our lives we both talked about vomiting on the drive home. The house wine is borderline rancid, the only redeeming quality of the meal was the passable crème burle. We remember this restaurant always having a wait list, we should have known something was wrong when on a Friday evening it was only half full.