“I usually don't like pizza... but I like the pizza here... :)”
Review of Gourmet Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gourmet Pizza
Ranked #78 of 390 Restaurants in Waterloo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Pizza isn't usually my food of choice, so I was pleasantly surprised by this tiny pizza place... I've gone there a couple of times (Chicken pesto/Valentine (Shrimp and aritchoke hearts) pizzas) and both times the thin crust pizzas were good. It tastes like they use fresh, better than average (not cheap quality) ingredients. The pre-picked toppings are unique and you also have the choice of choosing your own toppings. I've been there when it was busy and not busy and the wait is reasonable. (They also have quite a lot of pickup orders so even if the store front is not busy they may have orders... but worth the wait).

I think I want to try a panzerotti next time... they looked good as well.

Don't bother...if you are looking for fast food pizza... this is indeed a gourmet pizza place with slightly higher than average prices but more than worth it if you are looking for quality instead of quantity.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This place is becoming a guilty pleasure for me. Even as someone who considers himself a pizza connaisseur, this place consistently impresses me. Their slices are AMAZING - hot out of the stone oven, always great toppings, just somewhere my wife and I go when we want to treat ourselves. They are LLBO licenses, so grab a slice and a glass of wine. Seating is limited, so if you do eat in, be patient with finding a spot to sit down. But the food is WORTH IT!!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I live and work close by and find this the ideal place to drop by for a quick lunch or supper but it is also a great place to order a pizza for supper. The ingredients are fresh, the chicken and basil fresh for take home pizza orders and the staff very helpful. The tables on the sidewalk are a great place for a chat with a cool Brio.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Love this place! I am not one who enjoys pizza with a thick, doughy crust and loads of generic tasting toppings. I can't speak for others, but for me and my family, we just prefer simple pizza.... pepperoni and fresh basil. Everytime we have had this pizza, it is fantastic. Fresh, crisp and perfectly cooked. Judging from others' reviews, it appears that even pizzas that are 'loaded with toppings,' are amazing as well. The service from behind the counter is friendly and efficient. Not a large eating area, so eating in could be hit or miss, depending on seating availability. Many evenings last summer however, we shared a late evening pizza while seated out front on their bistro tables. Charming, great food, great location!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Been going for years...especially on hangover Sundays when they used to have English Breakfast Pizza...tasted much better than it sounds! Good value along a strip of potentially more expensive alternatives.