“from the 60's”
Review of Harmony Lunch

Harmony Lunch
Ranked #248 of 388 Restaurants in Waterloo
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It is what is to be expected from a long time running dinner! just felt unclean. wallpaper still has the same messes on it from the 60's, enjoyed the experience just not for me! old school for sure

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We wandered into Harmony Lunch as we were passing through Waterloo to a friends house. It seems to be a local attraction. Everyone knew everyone's names, in fact, they seem to be so used to catering to locals that you have to ask for a menu. Haha, but the waitress was nice and gave us a good rundown of everything when she realized we were out-of-towners.

The decor seems to have not changed since they opened, which I thought was neat.
I would say however that the portions are quite small for the price and it was a bit smokey with the open grill right there in the main open seating area.

I would however recommend the place if you're driving through. You'll get fed good food, and experience a part of the town's history.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place has been here since before I was born. You go here to experience the food and atmosphere of what it was like (I imagine) when it was opened. It does not have 'modern decor' or fancy french names on the menu - and I hope it never does.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

OK, there is a story in my family that my sister Maureen -- a fantastic baseball player in her day -- was traded to a team in the 1960s that was sponsored by Harmony Lunch. The payback to the team she left was free hamburgers for the team.
Ever since I was a kid growing up in Kitchener, my Dad would take us to the Harmony Lunch on King St. in Waterloo, for fried hamburgers topped with fried onions. And now I take my kids -- and I'm sure that they will take theirs.
It's a classic old school diner where the treat of the house is the hamburgers and fried onions. Top it off with a home-made strawberry shake and you'll be in heaven.
You get great value -- you'll taste the burgers all day long -- and smell like fried onions too.
It's a real treat.

5  Thank Erin F
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Harmony restaurant has been here forever. I am a senior and my mom and dad came here for burgers when they were dating!!!
Many of us come here once or twice a year to get our fix, both of the greasy beef/pork burgers with fried onions and nostalgia. It will be a sad day when it too closes the same way many other places have.
Do not expect anything remotely new. The same old worn wood floors, the counter with stools, and a very basic greasy spoon menu........just the way we like it.

4  Thank cgw1