“Great selection of pasta”

Ennio's Pasta House
Ranked #12 of 372 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Great selection of pasta”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Ennio's for many years and I am never disappointed by the food. I love their caesar salad - the dressing is creamy, garlicky and has the right amount of tang to it and the salad isn't overdressed. They used to bring bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil automatically but now it's hit and miss whether they bring that or butter. I love their pastas. I tend to lean towards creamy pastas and during this visit I ordered the mafalda rustica. Ribbon noodles with chicken in a rich gorgonzola cream sauce. It never disappoints. The serving size is large so you will likely take home left overs. The service at Ennio's is also hit and miss. Sometimes they are attentive and friendly, sometimes they are not. I definitely come here for the food, not the service. Overall, I recommend this place for great food.

Mississauga, Canada
“Better than Italian Chain Restaurants”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been to Ennios a few times as it is a family favorite when I come to Kitchener to visit. We typically have a large group 13+ and service is always good. I would give Ennios 3.5 stars as it is better than your typical 3 star pasta restaurant.

On my most recent visit I ordered the Saffron Mushroom Risotto and my wife ordered the Chicken Alfredo. Both dishes were good and the portions were large. You also get a starter salad which is a good size as well.

Is Ennios my favorite place to eat? No. But I don’t mind eating here from time to time. It is better than going to places like East Side Marios.

Kitchener, Ontario
“Excellent. ”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Excellent. Food. Excellent service. Great prices. A little bit more than your typical Eastside Marios but the food flavour and quality far exceeded ESM. Would go back in a heartbeat. I had the chicken tetrazzini and loved every bite.

Brampton, Canada
“Amazing food! Although they were a little over-priced.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I decided to go visit my best friend in waterloo and she decided that Ennio's would be a good option. Although some of the menus were over-priced, the food was delicious! I ordered a Bolongese, but I should've ordered the Cabonara! The portion for the pasta was pretty good and it tasted great! The Insala and Appetito menu was also a little over-priced, along with the wine selection.

I would definitely come back here again though!

Waterloo, Canada
“good but wouldnt run back”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I enjoyed my food- caesar salad was one of the best ive had, & the spaghetti w/ meatballs was decent. i also ordered fried calamari to share with my friends and i wish they would have mentioned somewhere on the menu that there was also something spicy inside, because that ruined it for me, and didnt help that our server was slow with the drinks.(and in general)
The atmosphere seems a bit dated, but it was very busy for a tuesday night so that says alot.
Also as good as the pasta was i feel like its a bit over priced, id be happy to pay a bit less and receive a smaller portion (portions are quite large).I'd go back if someone wanted to, but it wouldnt be my first choice.

• Visited March 2014