“Top notch food”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice and both times the food blew me away. Incredible flavour and interesting combinations. Definitely one of my top 3 places to get a nice dinner in KW.

1  Thank spltr

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I came here for dinner... I had the stir-fried squid and rice. The service was quite good, but the main portion was a little small. The price of the rice was a little high - 5$. The sambal (indonesian chile sauce) was very good though.
Don't know if I'd come back...

Reviewed July 11, 2014

we went to bhima's to celebrate a birthday. having recently moved here from vancouver and reading all the great reviews, this was a truly disappointing experience. bhima's has all the ingredients to be a truly great and unique restaurant, but it lacks a level of sophistication in it's dishes and service that you would expect given all the hype and the price of the menu items. one of the orders came with what was basically a bowl of melted butter and cheese with what i believe were some artichokes, had i eaten even half of it, i would have been sick. another dish was so overly salty that we sent most of it back. our waiter apologized and said she would talk to the chef and have it removed from the bill. after that she avoided our table and sheepishly dropped off the bill with everything still on it and no mention of what had transpired. so, i would not recommend this restaurant based on my experience. i don't mind paying for good food and service, but this was a giant let down for both.

4  Thank asterixOntario
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have been going to Bhima's and it was always a highlight of the year to go to the restaurant. It is still a very nice restaurant, with the most interesting menu around. But the experience this time was nowhere close to the old standard. The food was okay but not special. The service was desultory. The only things that remained as before were the funky atmosphere (in drab old Waterloo, it really stands out) and the high costs. I hope that the restaurant rebounds for when it is on its game, it is a wonderful place.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am not sure what all the hoop la is about! I have lived in Asia for a couple of years and missed the food and flavours...deeply...So when I was told that this restaurant is the "best" that is actually what I had anticipated; at least, very good.
I went there with my husband, we were baffled by the looks we got as not your typical Canadians, particularly by the older Asian woman who was managing, to put it diplomatically.
We are travellers, foodies/winos and used to eating in all manner of establishments, all over the world and love finding the pricey and non-pricey gems; We understand the price to quality correlation perfectly.

The food was greasy, soggy, the flavour profile obvious, but nothing you can't buy in a bottle at your supermarket.

The service was nervous, perhaps because they were passing off very bad food at haute cuisine prices, the food frankly would barely pass muster at the mall's food court. At least the evening that we frequented the restaurant. It could have been a very bad night...??

The decor was your Asian nightmare caricaturization - Have the owners bothered to patronized the finer restaurants in China/Macau/Jackarta/Bali/Thailand/HK lately? I doubt it very much...

They did have a nice selection of wines, so that is were we diluted the sorrowful mush...
I do not recommend you go, don't waste you money, more importantly your time.

5  Thank Baobao2014