“Terrible Service/Mgmt. Potential for Decent Food, but Failed.”
Review of Angie's Kitchen

Angie's Kitchen
Ranked #198 of 385 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The menu looked good and a table near us seemed very happy with their meals so I was optimistic.

Service: The waitress was very bubbly and chatty, which is great, but it got to be over-the-top after about 2 minutes of over-hearing her conversations with surrounding tables. She went on and on about being the owner or manager and baking cinnamon buns all morning but also being a fitness instructor. She made WAY too many jokes about herself and her jobs, she REPEATED the same lines over and over, she didn't know when to stop talking and leave. She kept offering the same customers a cinnamon bun but not everyone wanted on. She got all "sales-y" and harassed tables some more to try her cinnamon buns. Her icebreaker at every table was her life story so we all heard the same story five times in 10 minutes. Annoying. I couldn't believe how loud and aggressive she was being, but it was a situation where you can't really get mad because she resembled a cheerleader and you can't hate people for smiling too much, can you?
To conclude, the service was terrible and overwhelming. People want to have good conversation and enjoy their meals. Go away. Unless you plan on bringing us menus or taking our order. That would be nice.

Food: The water glasses were dirty. I can understand they've been used a lot over time, but this was just blatantly dirty. (also, no ice or lemon or straws). I was hesitant to put my mouth on the water glass but I was incredibly thirsty so I dealt with it. The food came quickly after ordering (which was not so quick), and yet it was cold. I ordered the eggs benedict. The hollandaise sauce concealed the very large pieces of egg shell in my eggs. I can understand a small chip making it's way into one person's breakfast when you make so many in a day. But these were very large pieces (about the size of a nickel).

Won't be going there ever again.

3  Thank cmeadow77

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and i went to Angie's with a 'buy one get one free' coupon. We ordered the all you can eat fish and chips on Friday for lunch. We arrived after the rush, around 1:00.. we were maybe the only couple in the restaurant beside another table or two. We got 2 pieces of fish and then had to practically beg for more..kind of embarrassing. It's not like they were too busy to serve us. I guess they just didn't actually want to give us all that we could eat. I dont' think we'll be rushing back. It's a shame. Cute little location.

1  Thank fishfarmfamily
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our brunch there, good portions, taste was good. Servers were very friendly. Small space tho didn't like being bumped by people walking by. Would go there again

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had enjoyed Angie's Kitchen when we lived in Waterloo during the 70's and had enjoyed their breakfast menu and the pig tails, ribs and cream pies on the dinner menu. We had the same high expectations for their breakfast special on our return 40 yrs later. What a disappointment. The decor is the same - in fact the well worn tables and chairs were the same we had sat in years ago and the greasy bacon and burned toast was awful. Such a shame when we recall the days when Angie had been around to serve us a fresh cooked meal with her winning smile.

5  Thank nasc41
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal and frankly breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. In fact I could probably eat breakfast foods for all three meals per day... I love it that much! Don't be intimidated by the line at the Angie’s on the weekend (there could be a line) it moves fairly quickly and man is it worth the wait. This place is fantastic. My boyfriend and I split a huge omelet and also ordered one chocolate chip pancake on the side. We started with a homemade cinnamon bun! It was so delicious we took a dozen to go! Our food was unreal, the service was great the owner even came to sit and chat with us and frankly there is no place I would rather spend my morning. I love you forever Angie’s!

1  Thank Ashley W