“Good Food , Slow Service”

Sole Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sole Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 382 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Father David Bauer Drive
Description: Sole is a lively restaurant that offers both inventive and traditional cooking delivered in an elegant yet casual atmosphere. The restaurant ambience is comfortable and appealing, providing quality food at the right price in an unpretentious way. To view are full menus please visit our website. Sole offers brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am. until 4:00 pm.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Our party of 3 arrived at 11:45 AM before lunch rush. Sole has good food but almost 2 hours for lunch for a working group is too long. It was almost 1 hour after seating before entrees arrived. Dessert also took 25 minutes after order

Food was quite tasty and curry vegetable soup with coconut was excellent. Scallop special of the day was also tasty but a little small with only 4 shrimps for $19. Veal scallopini Panini and Spaghettini Bolognaise were tasty but nothing special. Desserts were very good, especially the mini trio and a nice touch was Happy Birthday in icing on the plate of our birthday guest.

Ambiance is good but a little noisy for a 1/2 full restaurant with a lot of hard surfaces

There are newer reviews for Sole Restaurant and Wine Bar

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Been many times, food is always amazing, service is perfect. Unique dishes and heart healthy suggestions. I love going.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went here for Valentines Day dinner. They had a speacial menu for Valentines. I was impressed with their appetizer - we had crab cake and Arancini. The entrees were also very tasty - we had beef tenderloin and seared scallop with risotto. I was a bit disappointed about the the cholcolate cake for dessert , it was really dry (how could anyone mess up a chocolate cake?) I only had one bite and that's it. The cheesecake thought was really good. The ambiance was okay, the service was not. We had to wait an hour for our orders maybe because it was Valientine's Day. Over all, the experience was good. We would love to come back on a regular day to try their regular menu.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

They took our reservation with little notice, which was great. Good selection of food, nicely prepared. Sitting a little too close to the kitchen, so didn't enjoy the ambiance as much.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I were eager to try Sole, and were not disappointed!

The ambiance of the restaurant is very. Warm tones and cozy. Nice for an intimate dinner.

The night we visited, the weather was terrible, so our service was very good, since there were only a few diners. A colleage had heard the wait staff was not the friendliest, but our server, Kerri, was attentive and sociable. Her menu recommendations were spot on. Her tip was generous.

My wife had some a cheese appertizer, which she enjoyed, but especially like her appetizer, the sweet potato lasagna. I had the soup of the day, clam chowder, which was not your typical chowder. I enjoyed it. I ordered the rack of lamb for may entree. Not a person who would typically order lamb, I was impressed. The meat was done just right, and the potato side dish was heavenly. The lamb was pricey at $39, but we'd budgeted for a nice meal, our Valentine's outing. Most entrees were under $30.

I'd visit Sole again, and again, if I the experience were as good as our first visit.

One comment: my wife and I noted that you could visit Sole on a few different price-points. A couple sitting near us had each ordered a pizza, and they easily could have had a nice meal out for under $50. Pizzas were about $15, so a pizza and beer outing would also be another nice way to enjoy Sole.