“Celebration Lunch”

Sole Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sole Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 361 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Father David Bauer Drive
Description: Sole is a lively restaurant that offers both inventive and traditional cooking delivered in an elegant yet casual atmosphere. The restaurant ambience is comfortable and appealing, providing quality food at the right price in an unpretentious way. To view are full menus please visit our website. Sole offers brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am. until 4:00 pm.
Listowel, Canada
“Celebration Lunch”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked the large room for a family gathering for my mother's birthday. The service was fantastic and the food was great too. Sole was very accommodating to our requests.

Visited April 2012

Waterloo, Canada
“Celebration”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

When I made a lunch reservation for 7 adults for Friday, Oct.26, 2012, the reservation desk dealt with me in a business-like but gracious way. I was asked if it was a special occasion and explained it was my Grandson’s university graduation day. I could almost feel the smile on the listener’s face.
When we arrived, we were greeted openly and warmly by the two hostesses at the door. They immediately made us feel wanted and welcome.
Our server was Amie. We felt we could not have been better served. She showed a thorough knowledge of the menu items and answered every question we asked. She also displayed a very good knowledge of the listed wines.
Between the 7 of us, we ordered 6 different main courses. Our meals were served with style and the presentation for each of them was very attractive to our eyes. Every one of us found our meals to have wonderful flavours. We enjoyed our meals in an unhurried way and felt encouraged to enjoy each other’s company in a relaxed manner as is fitting to such a good meal.
Our special occasion was made even more special when our graduate and honoree was served his dessert and found “Congratulations” written in chocolate syrup on his dessert plate.
I and my family will be sure to recommend “Solé” to everyone we know, and often.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Anne Marie W
Guelph
“Lost Reservation”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I made a reservation in advance for my anniversary and they lost it (and it was a busy night). They ended up sitting me at the crappiest table in the whole place right beside the kitchen doors that were flying open the whole time. They did offer a free dessert for losing the reservation but I will not be going back anytime soon. Food was average for the above average price.

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Exceptional quality for the price”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is my favourite date spot. The food has always been good, as well as the service. It's a place where you feel comfortable, but it's still a treat. Try the make-your-own-classy-pizza option for a cheap but delicious option. At the higher end, the seafood is always great. Ask about the historic building.

Visited September 2012
Waterloo, Canada
“Best patio in Waterloo”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Spent an afternoon out on the patio - a very tranquil and delicious afternoon. If you are from the area then you know that there is a disappointing lack of outdoor seating that is not adjacent to a very loud and busy street. The food was excellent as always and the chef went out of his way to make special dishes for us as there were 3 of us splitting 4-5 appetizer dishes. Definitely one of the best run kitchens in the area, everything came out on time and was delicious. Hats off to the Chef.

• Visited August 2012