“Would not recommend”
Review of Baton Rouge - CLOSED

Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Waterloo, Canada
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Food is delicious. Other than that, not a great experience. Service is mediocre, and they often run out of popular food and drink. Seems like management tries to cut corners. Would not be sad to see it go.

• Visited December 2013

Waterloo, Canada
“The wheels seem to be coming off the cart”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our third visit since they opened. Our first two visits were fine - decent food and good, but not spectacular service. Our third was appalling.

Everything started out well - we were seated and met our server quickly. Our wine came quickly and we ordered steak. And then it all fell apart.

My wife's steak was really under done (barely rare instead of the medium she ordered). The kitchen fixed it - sort of - parts were over cooked and part stills undercooked but it was edible

I understand that mistakes happen and having to send a meal back is disappointing, but not the end of the world. But after ordering, we didn't see our server again until I chased him down for the bill (someone else brought our salads and entrees). No one checked on us after our food arrived and I had to walk the steak back to the kitchen to find someone to deal with it. We gave up on ordering desert.

It seems that everyone involved has given up on the place. The staff are careful to avoid eye contact with customers as they leave and seem to spend as little time on the floor as possible. I think the manager was the only one on duty (on a Friday night) and when I told him abut our experience, he was quick to throw his staff under the bus.

I really hope they get it together. It's a great location and the recent renovations are amazing. The food at Baton Rouge is usually decent and I'm thrilled to have them in Waterloo. Please try and focus guys!

“They need some help”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Came with my kids as only place without a line up. I understand why. 15 minutes still had no server so walked out bit manager promised a good experience. Out of prime rib at 7pm? Out of two beers on tap and servers are rude. Have been to other Baton Rouge and enjoyed. This one not so much.

Kitchener
“Once was enough”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

New restaurant in town so wanted to try. They need to work on being realistic with what they are - which is not high-end or fine dining. Food for the price is very mediocre and would be more agreeable if priced properly for what it is. Server was going thru the motions (barely) and also confused with the class of restaurant he was working at. Ribs are very good - I will say, however the outside coating on the chicken tenders was kind of soft - as if heated back up by microwave. Garlic mashed are terrible & bland, yam fries are very good as is ceasar salad.
Overall service & and quality for the price was disappointing - I do not recommend this restaurant..

ONTARIO
“out for dinner with the family...5 adults”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We wanted good food, good service and an atmosphere conducive to visiting conversation before the kids head back to university. We were greeted by a pleasant young lady, we had a reservation so our table was ready. It was 7:30 pm so the place wasn't very crowded.
We ordered a lovely bottle of wine ($31.00)and 3 of us ordered 20 oz.Waterloo dark "on tap" ($6.00). Then we shared spinach dip and calamari. We enjoyed both very much! The servings were large.....thank goodness there were 5 of us. I had the steak salad.....very nice...(twice the size of the one at beer town)...blue cheese dressing, walnuts, roasted vegetables....excellent. My daughter had the filet with a massive baked potato. The steak was perfectly done and melted in her mouth, but she couldn't finish it all....My husband and son both had burgers that they enjoyed very much....one had their seasoned fries that he liked, the other sweet potato fries with chipotle dip....both good, but too much food to eat! My 2nd daughter had the best chipotle chicken sandwich that she has ever had...again; had to bring half home. The coffee after dinner was also good.......we were too full to try dessert......total bill before tax $170.00. I think that is very reasonable....We will go back.......even just to the bar for a drink and appetizer........it has sports on the TV, but it is quiet enough that you can hear yourself think! 2 20 oz. beers and an appetizer would be about $25.00 ...........not bad for such a nice setting.