“Exceeded Expectations”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
waterloo, ON
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Visited for lunch. Chicken fingers and baked potato were excellent. Light and tasty batter and large portions. Service was better than I've experienced in Waterloo in a long time.

Looking forward to returning soon.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank endsun

“Not a good start.....”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have eaten at other Baton Rouge restaurants on occasion, particularly in Halifax, and found them quite enjoyable, so when I saw that our Uptowne Waterloo location was open, I gave it a try with a friend. We each had a salad - mine was the beet and goat cheese, and my friend's was the Louisiana Chicken. She seemed quite satisfied with her lunch, but mine was a disappointment. It was basically a bowl of mixed greens, with maybe half a dozen tiny pieces of beet mixed in, not a bit of goat cheese to be seen and a basic Italian salad dressing blobbed on top. Boring, uninspiring and bland. I could have had a much more interesting salad for half the price just down the road at Vincenzo's.
The atmosphere in the restaurant is pleasant, certainly a big step up from the gloomy Ali Baba days, but nothing special, however I'm very pleased with what they have done with the exterior of the building. It now makes for a nice street presence in our ever improving Uptowne Waterloo landscape. Service was very good with both the hostess and our waitress being friendly and accommodating. I should note that the "Beef Stew" soup that accompanied our salads was quite tasty. The salad however was a real disappointment.

Visited September 2013