“Excellent little restaurant in Waterloo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red House

Red House
Ranked #3 of 361 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Canadian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Salzburg, Austria
“Excellent little restaurant in Waterloo”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice little restaurant in Waterloo. Only a few tables, but excellent selection of food, wine and beer. Service is very competent and friendly. Ideal place for a wonderful dinner in cosy athmosphere.

Waterloo
“Great dinner and ambiance!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went for a family celebration and weren't disappointed with anything!
Great service and each of our meals was very tasty and well plated! Don't usual have dessert but thoroughly enjoyed sharing the lemon dessert and the creme brûlée !
We ate at this restaurant several times a year under previous ownership and find the new chef and owner is maintaining the same good quality food and service! We will definitely be back. It is now my new favorite in Kitchener - Waterloo! !

1 Thank Annie W
Kitchener, Canada
“Good food and worth a visit at least once”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food here was good but nothing to hit home about. We appreciated that it was freshly made and that is key. We ordered the lamb curry and the fish which were both tastefully prepared.

Worth at least one visit if you are residing in the KW region and want a nice dinner date out.

Cheers

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank S R
Ayr, Canada
“Overrated”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I read good things about the Red House so I was looking forward to checking it out. It's a charming little restaurant with a nice decor. They have a neat cocktail menu and a couple of good beers on tap. We started with a good soup and an interesting Caesar salad. So far so good. The main courses were disappointing. The curry special was bland and runny. The pot roast was so salty that it was inedible. What happened? The possibility of a great meal was ruined by poor cooking. This was supposed to be a good restaurant. I want it to be a good restaurant. I hope they get their act together

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Namellor
Waterloo, Canada
“Good quality food & drink”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I met a friend for lunch at Red House. Although I have lived in the area for 10 years, I had not visited or heard of Red House before. It turns out I was missing something.
I ordered a basic lunch of a half pint of lager and a caesar salad with grilled chicken. The lager was crisply cold and tasty. Had I not been on a lunch I would have ordered a second.
Of course many restaurants have caesar salad on the menu. However, this one was special. It included fresh bacon pieces, hard-cooked eggs, 'real' grated parmesan and very fresh romaine. The dressing was not over-powering as caesars sometimes are. The grilled chicken was freshly grilled, not cooked some other time and reheated, and the portion size was good. My friend ordered calamari with his salad. The calamari was also fresh and nicely grilled.
The restaurant is in a converted house, with a pleasant atmosphere.
The waitress was very friendly and prompt.
I definitely plan to return to this place.