“Beautiful park in Waterloo” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Waterloo
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful park in Waterloo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We love Waterloo Park. My family and I have been going here for the last 8 years. It has a great play area, splash park, walking trails and mini-zoo.

We spent a fair bit of time there during the summer to let the kids go out and play. During Christmas they have a bunch of lights and a horse drawn carriage ride. The kids love that year after year.

Plenty of parking and a great location!

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Waterloo, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Pretty Park in Waterloo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Waterloo Park is a great place to take young children for an afternoon stroll or picnic. It is quite large with lots of space to run or play ball. Lots of picnic tables. The big draw for the little ones is the animals. Deer, miniature horses, pigs, goats, rabbits. Waterloo Park is always fun! And don't forget about the light display in the winter!

Visited June 2013
Waterloo, Canada
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Nice place to spend a few hours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Kids love WP! Great place to walk around or simply to drop a blanket and watch the people walk by. The mini zoo is great and helps keep the toddlers busy!

Visited August 2012
Kitchener, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Life Long PArk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I frequented this park as a small child so I am biased. This was a place my mother walked us to (4) kids with a picnic lunch and a full day was spent there many days a week every summer while my dad was at work. We used to look back at her on a blanket reading a really good novel and only realized when we were older that this park then was her personal Spa day. For us we were in a wonderland of adventure. Fast forwarding 48 years, I took my daughter and now take my 5 grandchildren there . They have a mini zoo , rabbits, deer, rooster, chickens, peacocks, donkey. I remember the exact cage that is still there where I used to visit "Ben" the bear and often think about those days as I walk by that cage that houses a small animal. My grandchildren watch as a baby deer was born. There is a booth and a "dirty" lake and the large pool and diving pool also is no longer there. The large pool is filled in and is replace with a wonderful splash park and the diving pool is filled in a replaced with a covered seating area to watch the kids in the splash park. There are beautiful gardens and a boardwalk now and space to enjoy. Select this place as a family gathering at least once in the summer for a picnic or special event. You will mark an event and a tradition with your family that leaves long lasting memories. We buy a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken , salads , drinks and make a point of having a dinner at a picnic table every year. It excites me to think that my grandkids will be remembering me taking the time to do this with them and have that memory.

Visited May 2013
Kitchener, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great park in waterloo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I like this park, mostly because it's near work and I can go for walks at lunch. The animals are great to bring kids to, as well as the splash park. Lots of areas to roam around. Great space to host events and large picnics

Visited September 2012