“Beer, burgers and more”
Review of Beertown

Beertown
Reserve with OpenTable
Beertown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 386 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Gastropub, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beer, burgers and a range of other choices (all that I have had were good). Quality fun food. Always an enjoyable time.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Beer Town for lunch late Feb. 2014.

Let me start by saying I have been to all of the Charcoal Group's establishments, and never been let down. BeerTown, is now my favorite restaurant in the entity of the tri-cities (Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge).

The service was perfect, they seated us, treated us, checked on us, and even allowed me to rate the service. Our server was a fairly young lady and provided us with a very professional level of service.

I honestly don't need to say anything about the rest of the place, because its all new and amazing. Washrooms: 10/10. Booth we were in, 10/10. Everything 10/10.

No alcoholics drinks were ordered. We started with the homemade onion rings. There was a very large quanity of great onion rings served with a delicious dip, however, the batter on the onions had little to no flavour of its own. My girlfriend had a grilled cheese sandwich and I had a burger. We asked the server to omit one of these cheeses, and she had the kitchen add more of a different cheese, (this sandwich was not short on cheese). My Burger was perfectly cooked with a fresh bun. The fries were delicious also and they provided us with sauces on the side at no cost (mayonnaise). The presentation was astounding and made us both very happy to eat here. I can't express how surprising it was to find such an amazing meal at such a low price!

The best part, I mean honestly I wouldn't of thought they could do any better, was the desert.
There was a 'beer brownie' for $3.99 (half brownie). It came on a large plate with a fancy strawberry, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and possibly ice cream, i forget and it didn't matter. I've worked in many food establishments in this city, and that brownie was the best I've tasted, and just half the brownie was enough to share between two people, FOR $4!!!

I'm sure 'BEERTOWN' wants you to come for its beer options, but let me tell you, they have very delicious food. Thumbs up to the kitchen staff for the preparation and to the chefs and executive chefs for such a delicious menu.

5/5, amazing spot to eat and enjoy.

There is one downside to this place. The chauvinistic men that it draws in. I could hear a couple crude conversations near me and I felt that the older men that came to this establishment were sexually harassing all the employees with their eyes and comments.

Still 5/5.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Visited with my wife and daughter. Took 15 minutes for first drink order, and that was screwed up. Ordered meals and each meal was a mess. Ordered Mac and cheese without mushrooms and it came with mushrooms, ordered hot wings and they were less than mild and finally ordered poutine that was barely warm enough to melt the cheese. Manager apologized profusely and was sincere in her desire to make things right. Nice people...food just didnt cut it at all.

charcoalgroup, Guest Relations Manager at Beertown, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hi there,

We'd love to talk with you personally about your experience at Beertown and how we can make it better. We are a Chef driven kitchen and take our food very seriously, so we'd like the opportunity to show you what Beertown food is really about.

If you wouldn't mind sending us your contact info to social@charcoalgroup.ca we'd love to put you in touch with the General Manager to find out more about your experience.

Thanks so much!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I tried a new beer, there is so many different beers to pick from. I would love to have tried them all but then I wouldn't remember what each beer taste like. I will come back for more. I had the Caesar salad which was well dressed and the French fries which were very good also. The bathrooms were nice and clean, as was the kitchen for what I saw. I love the atmosphere here. I was expecting annoying loud music but it was at a decent level, I'm 45 yrs old and don't like that loudness anymore. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The prices on their main menu were quite pricey, that is why I stuck to salad and fries.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Waterloo has long needed a spot like this, Great location, OK food, lots of atmosphere and activity. The patio is nice with good views of downtown but could be bigger. Menu is pricey, including beer, but lots on tap. The cool factor is amped up with tables that have your very own beer tap. And the huge TV is great for watching hockey. Only downside, other than beer being overpriced, is the noise. This is a very noisy restaurant.....not sure why....but noise bounces off the walls and ceiling to the point where having a convo with tablemates is nearly impossible without shouting.