“Not overly impressed”

Cuisines: Gastropub, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've been here a few times because every one in Waterloo keeps saying it's the place to be but I don't think it's anything overly special. I meet a friend for drinks and some apps a few weeks back on a Saturday afternoon and was some what disappointed. We had to flag down the waitress so we could get another drink and our dirty plates sat in front of us for over an hour! I could see if it was crazy busy but the place wasn't even full.

1  Thank LLKN

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Waiter was attentive and food is great although did not try more than an appetizer this time.. I am not a beer drinker so might not have gotten the whole experience. The wine was great. Fish Tacos were great and service was excellent. Like the casual but trendy atmosphere. Nice location. Will be back for dinner.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Beertown lives up to it's name and doesn't disappoint. The food, whether it's lunch or dinner, is very delicious - my favourite so far have been the pad thai and the wonton nachos! The atmosphere is pretty lively and can be loud if you're there for drinks at night, but that's half the fun. The service is friendly and prompt and the beer...not only are there delicious and dependables on tap, the bottle menu is extensive, and has one for everyone. They even have a Radler on tap - what could be better?
Enjoy your visit, and hope you like it.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just came back from having a wonderful lunch with my husband at Beertown. This was our first time at this restaurant, but had heard great things about the place from several of our friends.

From the moment we walked in, we were treated very well. The hostess was very friendly and our waitress, Larissa, was wonderful and very attentive. She made sure we had everything we needed and was over to check on us a couple of times, but without being a "pest".

The atomsphere of the restaurant was wonderul, reminded me of downtown Toronto. The selection of beer was unbelievable! I don't think I've seen that many beers in one restaurant...EVER!!!!

My husband and I ate 3 different appetizers for our lunch - the Fish Tacos, Cripsy Calamari and Wings ----- the food was supererb!!! I enjoyed every bite of my lunch.

Although it was just my husband and I this time, our waitress, Larissa, told me that this is definately a kid friendly place - they have a variety of different foods for the kids to try and there is a kids menu.

Beertown is definately a place that you will want to visit if you are in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. I will definately be going back there again (and may be even with the kids). I am very interested to see what dinner would be like there.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting the area or looking for a new and hip place to go for lunch or dinner.

Gwen

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This restaurant is designed in the new trendy style with a lot of hard surfaces and high ceilings so it can be noisy at times but it is called Beertown! The food is fresh and tasty reasonably priced and the service is great Enjoyed our visit and will definitely return.

1  Thank MOMO26_12