“Everything was amazing!”

The Crazy Canuck
Ranked #4 of 399 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Canadian comfort food with a twist! At the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market or on the road with The Crazy Canuck Caboose!
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I love this place! From the records on the wall to the chalkboard menus, this place has amazing character. The food was fresh, homemade, and used local suppliers. The service puts this place over the top. It is a must stop if you're in the area!

1  Thank Tattude_foodie

Reviewed August 24, 2014

My daughter and I were really looking forward to experiencing the food at Crazy Canucks as we heard rave reviews and it was awesome! We had a curry poutine fries and a caesar salad the best ever! Don't be fouled by the simplicity of the restaurant as it is no reflection of the food. The service was great and friendly. We look forward to going back to try their vegetarian burgers.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Coreen D
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was so incredibly disappointed in our first visit there yesterday Aug 23, 2014. I ordered the Phillycheese with Mac&Cheese and Baked beans for $12......what I got was the sandwich and macaroni salad. The phillycheese was tasty and hot but the menu on the board stated Mac & Cheese.....NOT macaroni salad....when I asked about my baked beans I was told he had burnt them so he didn't think I would want them and as an after thought asked if he could bring me a replacement which I said no to because it had already taken so long to get our food and there were screaming kids soooo......No thanks....I didn't get offered money back at all to compensate either.
At that point I hadn't tried the macaroni and didn't really realize it was mac salad until after the server/cook left saying he would be back in a few minutes to see how everything was (he never came back).
Once I realized I was given salad with ginormous chunks of peppers and tomato (who does that?) I figured I would wait to ask about it when he returned but that didn't happen so I went in to ask about it and the cashier wouldn't acknowledge me between customers.
So basically I had a Phillycheese sandwich for $12 because I didn't eat the salad.
My boyfriend got the crazy canuck burger with poutine which he said was ok but all in all the $35 I spent there was not worth it in the least.
Absolutely NOT impressed with the service, time or food or cleanliness as the tables outside were filthy...a young lady came out and appeared to start cleaning and then just left the dishes piled on the table and left.

7  Thank Toni C
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Food is always good, even if not necessarily the healthiest (pizzas are excellent!). I love the decorating/theme and recently new and better furniture was as added for dining in. Worth checking out for sure! In summer there are flies in the restaurant, but there are also flies in my house (a few blocks away) and there is not much you can do about that in a small farming town!

1  Thank schoencm
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is a recently new restaurant to this area and they have certainly stood out in terms of the quality of food and service that is offered. I have been to this establishment a few times and I have never been disappointed or met anyone who had been disappointed with the food or the service.

The deep dish style pizzas offer a great change to the traditional style pizza with great toppings like teriyaki chicken and taco style pizza! The freshness of the food and daily specials are what keeps people going back time after time.

This is definitely a must see restaurant when in the Waterloo Region.

Keep up the great work Crazy Canuck!

1  Thank HotelMW