“Best Bang For Your Buck”
Review of The Crazy Canuck

The Crazy Canuck
Ranked #4 of 399 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Canadian comfort food with a twist! At the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market or on the road with The Crazy Canuck Caboose!
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

To the "Below Expectations" writer:
Your review is entirely falsified. As a fiercely loyal customer to this outstanding establishment, I have been in on many, many occasions, and, as a loyal customer, they let me tour through the kitchen so I can watch them prepare their foods fresh. I have been in with a friend on many occasions, and I have yet to have a bill between two people, liquor included, that was over $40 -- how you managed to get a $75 bill for two people is beyond me.
Furthermore, this is a small establishment with a very hardworking staff trying to make a name for itself -- slander on a public website is not the way to tell management you didn't enjoy your experience.

6  Thank TCJustice

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had heard a lot about this place and had to check it out. I ate the Vegetarian Ratatouille and it was amazing. My boyfriend had a hamburger and I had a bite.. YUM! Very fresh ingredients and super flavourful too. I would definitely recommend it to my friends, and so far I haven't heard any bad reviews from them either.

Super friendly staff, a couple of them were joking around with us and made our experience feel like we were already regulars that they were happy to see again.

The prices were very reasonable and our whole meal came out to be about $30 inlc the tip.

We will definitely be going back!

1  Thank MissFoood
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had very high expectations, however i ended up disappointed when i had to know that my bil for 2 is over 75$. The overall food is average where is expected better moist fresh ingredients. I discovered that many of dishes are frozen and not that meeting my expectations as per reviews given earlier by other revieweres. They are friendly and service is fine but major changes should be made and those that should be custome tailored to fresh food ingredients and standards.

Overall, Value is way higher than food you can eat.

2  Thank 2317traveler
TheCrazyCanuckRest, Owner at The Crazy Canuck, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Good Day,

We are sorry if your bill was so high.

We have a very low price point and feel you must have been over charged for something because an average check for two is around 30 dollars including alcoholic beverages.

We understand that this over charge is 100% our fault and would like to invite you and a guest to come out and dine with us again at your leisure.

We are a small business so these reviews can truly hurt our hard earned reputation and hope we can find a way to resolve this.

The Crazy Canuck Management

Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you're going to the St Jacob's market area (to shop at the 'Discount Mall' or buy food at the temporary farmers' market) The Crazy Canuck is a fast, cheap place to fuel up. Definitely better than the standard greasy spoon you get at most tourist attractions in Ontario.

2  Thank SteveDianeBarbara
Reviewed September 3, 2013

No mater what day you drop by, there is always something delicious to explore on the menu! The food ranges from one of the best smoked and pulled pork poutines you've ever had, to a flame grilled portobello burger that is over the top delicious! It's even licensed now, so enjoying a draft beer with your burger on the patio is a great way to enjoy a meal!

1  Thank Christine C