“Fancy location with good food”
Review of The Bauer Kitchen

The Bauer Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bauer Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 390 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Allen St.
Transit: On the main 7 line heading to Conestoga Mall.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Bauer Kitchen is a fancy place downtown Waterloo Ontario. Very good selection of food, wine and beer. Friendly and competent staff. Lot's of interesting people.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

A co-worker and I ate the for dinner one night and went back for Sunday brunch the next day. We were both very happy with the food. My co-worker really liked the beet and cabbage soup that he had, along with the pull pork mashed potatoes. I had the braised short rib and found it to be very tender and full of flavor. The service was also very good. The next day for brunch I had the California burger. The burger and sweet potato fries were very good. The California burger had a nice kick that really set it apart from the standard burger. Service was very god both times, and we especially enjoyed chatting with Beth during brunch. If I am back in the area, I will be sure to stop in again. I was looking forward to the duck wings, but they were out.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Thanksgiving Monday we had some business guests from out of town. As it was a holiday, I was worried about finding a good place to go for dinner. Thankfully The Bauer Kitchen was open and served us an excellent meal. The service was spot on as usual, the food was the usual excellent standard as well. My husband and I shared the charcuterie board which was very good. The only small critique I would make is that the cheese selection on it is not exceptional. The bacon jam is excellent however and the rest of the selections are very good. My husband also had a caesar salad, and the shrimp and avocado fettuccine. I had the Herb Brined Chicken, which is gluten free (I am allergic) made without citrus to which I am also allergic. Others had the Black Bean puree soup, Tomato and Basil Gnicchi, and pizza. Every dish was very well prepared and was thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Our experience started with a warm welcoming waitress taking our orders, we ordered fried calamari and goat cheese pizza. If you like thin crust, slightly crunchy pizza like I do, this is your heaven. Must say it was one of the bests I've had.
The ambiance is just lovely for hanging out with friends or having a date. The kind of low light spacious room with an open concept kitchen, some brick walls and cute light bulbs.
A very satisfying night!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've held off on reviewing until we've been here a few times and now I can say that Bauer Kitchen has been great every time. We've gone there as a couple, with part of our family, including 2 year old grandson, and then with whole family - 4 generations. I hadn't thought about it as a destination that kids would like but their children's menu offers many items, all of them not the usual chicken fingers and fries. Our grandson especially likes fish and the kids salmon was right up his alley (a bit much for him to eat in one sitting but it gave us left overs for him at lunch). The adult meals have the range you would expect from a bistro style restaurant, with specials every day. We've had sandwiches, steaks, pasta and pizzas. They have a gas pizza oven that you can see via the glass enclosed kitchen. My personal favourite on the menu is the "Bauer Butcher Burger". Other family favourites: Short Rib Gnochi, House Smoked Bacon Pizza, White Pizza and the Baja Tacos and Pulled Pork Nachos for appetizers. They also pair a wine with each selection, so far all have matched up well.