“Nice atmosphere, music, decor”
Review of The Bauer Kitchen

The Bauer Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bauer Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 385 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Allen St.
Transit: On the main 7 line heading to Conestoga Mall.
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Love the service, food selection, and surroundings. I go often

1  Thank Casey B

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have been there multiple times. I particularly like their bone marrow. My friends always try duck wings and they are fabulous. They have a great services. Our waitress always gets here just in time. BUT remember we always reserve before going, because if you walk-in, you usually need to wait. Therefore, make your booking in advance.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is one of my favourite restaurant in KW.
I have been there multiple times and I think they deserve a good rating.

Food:
The gnocchi is a MUST and their coffee is so good!!! :D

Service:
Not to mention their service is impeccable!

I can guarantee you all that you will not regret this.

On your way out, don't forget to take their sweet treats (minty chocolate).

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I would like to voice my concerns of the quality of service and care that your restaurant provides.

My family and I had reserved a table at your establishment for 8:30pm for Friday night, after arriving at the restaurant we were told that the table wasn't ready yet and we would have to wait - I would assume that under "normal" conditions you would have your front of house accommodate for the time it takes to sit and enjoy a meal - so why were we offered this time slot when it clearly wasn't a possibility to be sat? We would have been just fine with a later reservation - but were told to wait, and wait we did. It was 9:15 pm before we were offered a table - through the 45 minutes of waiting, thankfully my grandfather was offered a chair.

Drinks and appetizers were offered, compliments of the front of house and we were actually starting to overlook the long wait. Our server was courteous and aware of our misfortunes - we know she did her best in keeping us happy.

However, your restaurant knows no limits of dissatisfying a patron. I ordered a steak - your bacon wrapped filet 7oz at 30 some odd dollars - expecting a damn good steak, cooked to my liking of Medium Rare... After all, while I am not a Chef - I had spent my teenage years apprenticing and my brother who sat to my right is a Red Seal Chef, needless to say - we have standards; we don't feel your kitchen has any...

My steak was delivered undercooked - blue rare to be exact - still cold in the middle... If any self respecting Chef had an opinion of himself they would call it raw and lash the incompetent idiot who did it wrong - I however, trying not to lash out advised my server it was underdone - she agreed and swiftly took the dish back to the kitchen to be fixed.

No more than a few minutes passed and my plate had come back - steak still raw. I refused to eat the plate and sent it back - I had told the server I would prefer not to order anything as the rest of the table was nearly finished eating. I was encouraged to order at least something; I finally agreed to a soup - why I bothered entertaining this idea I'll never know...

The soup was delivered by a floor manager - an incompetent one no less, he offered the soup and advised that my meal would be at no charge and left. I had a few spoon fulls of the soup and decided this could be the only saving grace to my evening... Until I pulled the spoon from my soup to find a strand of hair - not some eye lash, but rather a strand which seemed to continue for more than I wanted to entertain.

You can imagine that this was the final straw - I summoned the manager from the bar where he was more concerned with socializing with the waitresses than checking to see if I was satisfied with the soup...

I cannot believe how a restaurant that operates under your management could do so poorly in executing on our experience. I am positive you have a firm grasp of how impressions are formed and how this experience will make me seriously think before I return to a Charcoal group restaurant... I used to regard your establishments quite highly - now, I have no remorse telling every person I know, of my experience last night.

The manager offered for us to come back and eat at the restaurant's compliments - I can't imagine how we would EVER entertain this idea.

3  Thank Matt L
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent Christmas with his family in Kitchener and needed to 'escape' for a little one-on-one time, so we went out for brunch here. Beautiful interior, great service, great menu. Best omelette I've ever had in my entire brunching life, hands down. Can't complain about this one.