“No regrets”

King Street Trio Uptown
Reserve with OpenTable
King Street Trio Uptown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 361 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waterloo Square
Region of Waterloo, Canada
“No regrets”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Let me begin by stating this is not my kind of restaurant. I'm more of a "Montanas" kind of guy.
That said, with a gift certificate in hand, my wife and I and another couple headed out (they had been here before).
Starters included the pecan crusted brie, calamari and a bowl of curry soup. Everything was amazing!
Onto the entries, which included steaks and chicken, including a special order due to food sensitivities. The chef was more than accommodating, and once again, no complaints!
I wasn't going to leave without trying the bourbon pecan pie. Once again, I was not disappointed.
When the bill came, it looked more like a mortgage payment, but that is the price of fine dining (please refer back to my opening sentence).
Would we do it again? For us, it is not a high priority, but for those who enjoy this type of restaurant, I would highly recommend it.
The atmosphere and the staff are great and really make you feel comfortable.
I am truly glad we took the opportunity to enjoy King Street Trio, and fully encourage anyone with the appetite (pun fully intended) to give it a try.

1 Thank newbytraveler

Toronto
“Amazing, friendly staff”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Amazingly friendly staff and very decent food!

I had the NY strip loin steak and my girlfriend had the chicken Alfredo. Both were very good, although she enjoyed hers a little more I think.

The steak was prepared amazingly and the butter sauce was perfect. The meat itself was not the best strip loin I've had but it was still quite good.

The Alfredo portion size was pretty good (fed my gf for 3 meals in the end). I only had a bite but from that, it was quite good. The sauce has a nice mushroom taste which made the pasta pretty unique. Also the noodles are hand made on site (I think)!

All in all, very nice experience!

1 Thank David F
“Good, but not a stand-out.”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Saturday night, kids away at a sleepover, and we decided to try King Street Trio Uptown for a romantic dinner. The service was very good - attentive without being overbearing, and open to making suggestions when we asked. The atmosphere was nice and suitable for romantic dinners to two. The food was nicely prepared and plated, but really didn't stand out given the price. The only exception was the dessert - both the bourbon pecan pie and pumpkin creme brule were excellent.

We will likely return to King Street Trio Uptown, but only for coffee & dessert. For dining experiences in this price range there are other options like Sole and King Crab (which is sister restaurant to King St Trio).

2 Thank Marc S
Cambridge, Canada
“Expected a little more”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I guess I shouldn't complain too much about a very good rating. But after reading all the great reviews and hearing all about this place I expected a little more in taste and quality. Due to an impending ice storm the restaurant was very slow so service was exceptional. We ordered the rice balls and calamari as apps to start. The rice balls were very good, but I found the calamari a little undercooked and tasteless. I ordered a striploin steak and my wife ordered the seafood paella. My steak, although cooked to order was a little short on taste but my wife's dish was fabulous. I don't like to nitpick but when you pay $30 for a steak, one expects a little more. We will go back and try something else as the atmosphere is nice and the company and service were great.

• Visited December 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a 5:00pm reservation on a Saturday. The restaurant was empty when we got there, but filled up gradually over the dinner hour. Not sure if the venue might not be a little loud once it's full.

The service was excellent. The server was patient, attentive, helpful and cheerful.

One of the issues I generally have with this kind of restaurant is the menu. It seems everything has to contain seafood or mushrooms, and I don't eat either. Refreshingly, King Street Trio has many items on the menu that appealed to me, both on the appetizer side and the entree side.

I had the stuffed pork tenderloin, and Christa had the filet mignon. Both were prepared to perfection. Christa also had the calamari starter, which was similarly beautifully prepared.
My Sterling Vineyards Merlot was very nice, but her Sacred Hill Pinot Noir was wonderful.
We finished off our meal with the pumpkin creme brulee.

1 starter, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and two glasses of wine was $125 (including tax, tip and a discount from the Treasures coupon book)

We'll be back for sure.