“A Breakfast To Remember!”
Review of Benny's Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Benny's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cambridge, Canada
“A Breakfast To Remember!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've been to Benny's many times, my auto mechanic is a short walk away. When my car is in the shop I usually eat at Benny's because of the great priced breakfast and fast service. Their coffee is just OK, bacon and eggs are very good! The service is top-notch! A Very friendly, inviting place to eat!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank citypins

OTTAWA
“Bennys, on the way to University of Waterloo”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Probably the last stop down Weber street for travellers with University Residence students, just before University Ave and Columbia Street turns, an excellent last meal together before a new Freshman life.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank John R
Waterloo, Canada
“Local stop”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It serves a lot of food and if you don't want to travel far or it is getting rather late in the evening, a good place to go. The menu hardly changes so you know what you are getting.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank JeanMarshallWoods
Owen Sound,Ontario
“Excellent !!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I spent a week in Kitchener having allergy testing, I ate at Benny's all week .
I was introduced to the owner who was great, and I had 2 EXCELLENT servers that looked after me all week. They were VERY curtious, and very friendly, just overall FANTASTIC people !!
So...if you go in to Benny's...ask for Jessica Johnson or Linsay Warning and you will have a great meal with fantasic service !!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank JohnsonsOwenSound
Waterloo, Ontario
“Not bad, but could be better”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My companion and I went for dinner on the evening of 14th of April 2012. The restaurant was moderately busy upon our arrival. We were seated promptly and our waitress came quickly to offer us something to drink. We looked at the menu for a bit then ordered the liver and onions and,as I was not overly hungry,the soup of the day. The food came quickly and both were quite good. The liver was nicely done,tender.....not over done and tough as liver that is improperly done can be. The soup offered was beef noodle...it was served with crackers and was very tasty. We ordered a piece of chocolate cake to share for dessert and this is where things went downhill a bit. The cake was nasty....our server did mention that it was left over from Easter though. We ate the whole thing ,I must admit, because we DID order it...and we commented with each bite how bad it was ...and really should NOT be served to paying customers. Like put it out in the kitchen and let the staff have a treat!? When our server asked how we liked it we told her the truth. She said ,"Well you ate the whole thing". I said,"Well that does not mean we enjoyed it". She spoke to her manager and it was removed from the bill.....thank goodness! Honestly,if it had have been up to snuff we never would have said anything but there was one more piece left.....I HOPE they do not try so SELL it to anyone! My coffee was topped up no problem ,but my companion was annoyed because he was not asked if he wanted his water topped up.A little interesting note: while we were paying at cash I mentioned that the building used to be a Lulu's,owned by Karl Magda....she lady at cash knew about that. This is not a place my companion would like to visit once more.....he is from out of town and thinks there are other establishments in town that in all likelihood would meet his expectations to a higher degree.

• Visited April 2012