“My BBQ "place to go"”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Waterloo, Canada
“My BBQ "place to go"”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Small, attentive service. Good quality food prepared on site. The owner knows what he is doing - and has won deserved awards for his "Q. Dishes are "southern: - not N or S Carolina, Kansas, or Texas - but tomato-based sauces, smokey, tender - especially the brisket.

Decent sides - although okra would be a welcome addion - currently missing.

Visited May 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, small but comfortable space.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I wanted to try Hog Tails since I'd heard it is under a new owner as of this spring. We arrived around 5:30 on a Friday night and the place was busy with take out orders but we were able to get a table right away. We ordered the catfish special with fries and coleslaw, which was excellent, and the rhubarb sangria. The waitress recommended the sangria and we weren't disappointed - it was light and crisp tasting, not too sweet, and very refreshing. The fish and fries were crisp and good, not too heavy and greasy - the best fish and chips I've had in a long time. They came with a nice coleslaw and a flavorful sauce, as well as the usual choices of ketchup and vinegar. The meal came in at about $40 for two of us, before tip. By the time we left people were waiting for a table. Service was friendly. I'd definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Great Sauce”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tried it once and was hooked great sauce that you can even take home. Try the nachos with pulled chicken. Was not sure I would like it but one taste and now we get it every time.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Phyllis W
Ontario
“Amazing food, small store.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Pulled pork sandwich is an awesome deal at $6.99. Get extra BBQ sauce smothered on it.

The southern fried chicken with the spicey sauce on it is out of this world.

Small shop can be busy. Hard to get a seat at times.

KW
“Just OK"""”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Large Portions, Cold Beer but not like Real Southern BBQ that I am use to having in the Southern States. Long line-ups makes me avoid this place

Visited September 2012