“Amazing food, small store.”
Review of Hog Tails BarBQue

Hog Tails BarBQue
Ranked #36 of 392 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Pulled pork sandwich is an awesome deal at $6.99. Get extra BBQ sauce smothered on it.

The southern fried chicken with the spicey sauce on it is out of this world.

Small shop can be busy. Hard to get a seat at times.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Large Portions, Cold Beer but not like Real Southern BBQ that I am use to having in the Southern States. Long line-ups makes me avoid this place

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place is awesome if you like southern BBQ. I haven't tried to venture here with any veg*s, and probably wouldn't but that's OK.

The meat (yes, I've tried just about everything) is cooked really well so that it is tender and juicy. The sauce is excellent. the portions are large so be prepared to take some home, though I'd argue it's not as good the next day.

I have allergies and can't eat the corn bread but many of the sides are excellent. Highly recommend the cole slaw and sweet potato fries. Everyone I go with raves about the corn bread.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went with a friend , I had heard some good things, I was really looking forward to the ribs. Had the 2 meat sampler with sides. I found the ribs very tough and not very meaty. Chicken was a thigh that had a nice flavor. Cornbread was so dry I needed a whole glass of water to wash it down. Saw some other things on the menu I wish I had instead . I wasn't blown away by the portion sizes, they go on like its the most food you will ever see in a restaurant. The waiter was very good and enjoyed what he was doing . Either that or I am stupid and he's a great actor. I might be back to give it another shot.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have to admit a certain trepidation when I first was invited to Hog Tails. But I was amazed and delighted with what I found. The food is finger-lickin' good (lots of napkins supplied) and the speed and quality of the service was excellent. I have returned many times for wings, ribs and pulled pork.