All reviews farmers market front desk outlet mall st jacobs room was clean business travel recommend this hotel convenient location king suite lots of parking home away from home marriott fireplace lilly theatre housekeeper whirlpool
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

I had a great stay at the Courtyard Marriott Waterloo. Staff was friendly, the room was great and every day the housekeeping staff turned my room as if it were the day I checked in. A great place to stay on the Waterloo area!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Checked in and requested a top floor room and were told no, you are half an hour early, this is all we have. It felt like I was a kid being told off at school.
First room we were given absolutely stank of carpet cleaner and rustiness - to the point where it made our eyes water.
Second room was better. However from 6-9 the girls volleyball team were playing tag up and down the corridor, screaming and slamming the fire escape door next to our room. After several hours of unsuccessfully trying to settle my little boy to sleep, I went to speak to the person in front desk, only to find him sitting next to the cctv cameras of these floors. It begs the question why no one had dealt with this earlier in the evening.
When I raised the issue at checkout the following morning I wasn’t offered any compensation just a perfunctory apology.
For $200 a night, I do not expect my room to smell or have paper thin walls.
A holiday inn express next door and another hotel opposite that looked brand new. Stay there instead

Trip type: Traveled with family
CassandraC3964, Guest Services Supervisor at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear Freya E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

Our hope is that all our guests experience a peaceful environment during their stay. That said, it was brought to my attention that your stay was interrupted by a loud disturbance caused by other guests in the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will take the necessary steps to ensure this is an isolated incidence.

Should your travels bring you back to the area we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely, Cassandra C.

Reviewed April 25, 2019

The rooms are clean and modernized. The staff are friendly and helpful. The bistro serves a good variety for breakfast and has an enthusiastic bartender who made an excellent drink.The location is very quiet at night and close to major roads. This hotel is an excellent value for Waterloo.

Room tip: Away from elevator
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised when we were assigned this hotel for a volleyball tournament. Clean rooms, friendly staff and good Starbucks coffee at the Bistro. Thanks for a lovely stay. You can walk to the market from here!

Trip type: Traveled with family
CassandraC3964, Guest Services Supervisor at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear TrailBlazer686477,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review, I am so glad to hear that you had a lovely stay with us! We are also very pleased that we were able to be your host for the Ontario Volleyball tournament. Our convenient location the St. Jacobs Farmer's Market is also a bonus, and I am happy to hear you had the opportunity to walk there during your visit. We hope to serve you again should you ever return to the area!

Cassandra C.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

I am a regular guest at the Courtyard Marriott in Waterloo and have had nothing but the best experiences with this hotel and would like to particularly draw attention to the terrific cleaning staff with Anne and her team. They give great attention to detail and take care of all my needs, never a complaint and always happy each and every visit!!

Room tip: The restaurant on site is excellent and very much recommended, chef Rose is awesome!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CassandraC3964, Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Mr. A,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your experiences with us during your recent stay at the Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs.

Please note, your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs and we look forward to your next stay!

Melanie Labelle