“Great hotel!!”

Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waterloo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is newly renovated, so everything is new and clean. Very close to the University of Waterloo. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, nicely decorated...bed was comfortable. Definitely staying here when we're visiting the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cheechhas3
William M, General Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2015

Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear it was an enjoyable one!

While there are numerous hotels in the area to choose from we thank you for choosing ours to stay at. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Waterloo/ St. Jacobs area!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My partner and I stayed overnight in this hotel because we wanted to go to the Farmer's Market in the morning. We stayed in a spacious room with a nice comfy king bed. It is very clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is close to an outlet mall and on a nice sunny day, one can walk to the market.I do not think breakfast is included in the price(which I think is a little steep).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank courtice8

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just paid 250 dollars for a very small room in a hotel that doesn't even have a pool or sauna, I was watching TV and checking my mail and suddenly the Internet and TV connection went off, I call front desk several times 6 with no answer, at the 7 call they told me that they have a problem with the service and that they called the provider (Rogers); remain the whole night with no tv and no Internet, really disappointed of this place, will never stayed here again. Look somewhere else folks this place is not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Adriantoro
Teresa G, Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relay your recent experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Waterloo St Jacobs. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the internet and cable outage we experienced between the hours of 12:30am and 5:30am last Saturday. We strive to answer guest’s calls within 3 rings and if we are not able to it’s our goal to call a guest back within 15min. During this event associates were attempting to resolve the technical difficulties so did mean that calls were missed but attempts were made to return any missed calls. Despite the outage being area wide and beyond our control we understand how frustrating it can be for guests and it’s our objective to have every guest satisfied with their stay. For this reason we were offering compensation for guests affected by the outage; please feel free to contact me to make such an arrangement. It’s my hope that we are able to resolve this disappointment for you.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Marriott recently gutted the old Best Western St. Jacobs and has modernized this hotel as a new Courtyard. Clean rooms, friendly staff, a free shuttle to local businesses and a Starbucks cafe in the lobby. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel is wonderfully clean, staff is very friendly and at first the room seems great. The location of the room leaves a lot to be desired and I really don't understand why this room is even used as a guest room. Room 303, a beautiful king suite, so clean and nicely equipped. Except it is right beside an ice maker and meeting rooms so that every time the ice maker is used it sounds like the person using it is inside your room and the way the vents are you can hear every word being said in the meeting rooms. I would recommend staying here only if you don't get this room. If they say you are in room 303 request another room right away. I cannot give a higher overall rating than 3 as we listened to a toddler fill up his ice bucket about 10 times during the afternoon/evening and listened to people in the meeting rooms. Even with the bedroom door closed we could hear everything. The room was lovely, bed was pretty comfy, pillows/bedding clean and good quality, however the location of the room is terrible and I don't feel it is right to charge the same amount for this room as others knowing that the room is in a bad location. I've never seen hotel rooms located right beside meeting rooms or ice makers before, usually there is some separation. If I do stay here again I would not take this room. Other than the location of the room I thought it was a great hotel. Clean, staff was very friendly, washroom was nice with lots of space for getting ready, small bar/microwave area was nice, internet access was great, lots of parking and the lobby is beautiful.

Room Tip: Avoid room 303 and ask to be away from meeting rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Teresa G, Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I apologize that you did not like the location of your room. Please do feel comfortable requesting a different room in the future; we pride ourselves on honouring guest requests whenever possible and will go to great lengths to ensure guests are satisfied with their accommodation. It’s my desire that this experience does not leave a negative impression of the hotel on you. I hope you feel comfortable returning if the future and I look forward to accommodating you more satisfactorily in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs for two days on a business trip and was certainly not disappointed. I am aware that they have just very recently completed renovations so I cannot compare the 'new' with the 'old'; what I can say is that both the hotel and the rooms are beautifully designed with lovely, clean lines and tasteful decor. What I really appreciated in the room was the layout--for a typical sized hotel room, it was, unlike so many other hotels, so conveniently and practically designed in every way--obviously the layout was very cleverly designed from the guests perspective. The bathroom is terrific with spacious shower and PLENTY of counter space (thank you!!) , a heat lamp with a timer (nice touch!) and a very comfy bed. In so many other hotel rooms I've stayed at, one is always tripping over things; here, by contrast, the movement within the room has been simply but cleverly thought out. I did not have an opportunity to use the dining room but the hotel lobby is also terrific with visual appeal and an inviting presence.

Room Tip: I was told (after the fact, unfortunately) to ask for a room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Teresa G, Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of the hotel. We would love to have you back in one of our fireplace rooms; some even feature whirlpool tub.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Courtyards are always a safe bet for me when traveling to new towns, and this one did not disappoint. The front desk staff was very friendly at check-in, and even helped get new batteries for my TV remote when it didn't work. I was upgraded to a 2-room suite at check in; and while the room was great, the location was less than ideal. It was on the third floor right next to two banquet rooms (which were quite noisy) and the ice machine (which someone needed to use at 6 am). The hotel staff did actually ask the party in the banquet room to quiet down, which is appreciated. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I will pass the compliments along to the team; we are very proud of their commitment to service. I look forward to having you as our guest here again in the future.