All reviews older part chain hotel beautiful pool jacuzzi tub bar fridge comfortable beds comfortable stay lots of parking scrambled eggs night stay complimentary breakfast would definitely stay here again excellent stay bathrobes staycation conditioner courtyard
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as we were picking our daughter up from university. First time I have not left a tip for the cleaning staff. The carpets are not only run down and sad but they were filthy (throughout the building not just in our room). There were dark hairs in the bathroom on the floor and by the tub and strange spaghetti-sauce coloured spots on the ceiling. Other smaller points — the tap’s hot/cold was backwards and the shampoo and soap had far too much fragrance, very off-putting. I generally leave good reviews but the only nice thing I can say is that the front desk people were friendly.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RachelattheInn, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn of Waterloo & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Hi suzannee176,
Thank you so much for your review. We are sincerely sorry for the cleaning issues you had during your stay. We are taking every word of your review seriously and we are working on a solution to update our standards. We appreciate your feedback and will be making significant changes. We hope that you will be able to return in the future to see what we have done.

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

In all my time in the area I've not once been able to stay at the Inn of Waterloo - until now!

The main areas and hallways are almost ornate and neat to wall through. Place was fairly empty when I came in and out (so possibly a negative for some, but I don't mind some quiet time).

Caught it on sale for "member pricing" exclusive from Expedia. ~$110 for king room in the "tower" . (Which makes the experience even better)

The morning's breakfast buffet hit the spot perfectly! Objectively maybe some would argue it's average, but I found it _very excellent_! Despite the low guest count the buffet was packed with everything you might want/desire for a typical Canadian's breakfast needs.

Had a great stay!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
RachelattheInn, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn of Waterloo & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review matt_callaghan. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that breakfast was so great. We enjoy being a wonderful place for you to stay. We hope to have you come back soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2019

As a woman traveling alone I felt like I was in some sort of bad serial killer movie. It is a large place and was pretty much empty when I was there. Empty, except for a few men milling about in the lobby. Of course when they checked me in the clerk loudly said my room number (which I'm never a fan of). They put me in a first floor room with a patio facing inside -- no thanks. They were kind enough to move me. The entire time I was there I was looking over my shoulder.

The room was also really dirty.

Just not for me. If I ever have to go to Waterloo again I'll stay in Toronto and drive. Seriously it was that bad.

Date of stay: October 2018
RachelattheInn, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn of Waterloo & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Hello Christine
On behalf of the entire team at the Inn of Waterloo I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
We take all guest opinions and comments seriously and strive to improve upon the feedback we receive. Your comments will be shared with our team and we will work on a solution to improve the experiences at our property for you and all future guests. As solo female traveller should definitely have more security considerations and that will be reviewed with our entire staff. We will also be reviewing your room with our housekeeping department.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we have the opportunity to provide you with the customer care you deserve.

Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

With great staff, clean rooms, an awesome spool, and the perfect location, you can’t go wrong with this gem!!!!
I can’t say enough great things about the The Inn of Waterloo. I will definitely be back!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
RachelattheInn, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn of Waterloo & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Thank you Jarrod! We are so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments and kind words will be shared with our team. We can't wait to have you stay with us again

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

We went to the Inn of Waterloo for a birthday getaway. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool was excellent. Very relaxing as the snow piled up outside. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast exceeded our expectations. Two thumbs up all around!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RachelattheInn, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn of Waterloo & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Hi MTC0002
We are elated that your birthday weekend getaway was a success. We hope to see you again for another celebration.
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience!