“Cleaning came in room while in bed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canal Inn

Canal Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Welland
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Cleaning came in room while in bed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Cleaning staff interred room while I was in bed. Manager Leanne told me and choice privelages they were refunding my nights stay. They still took money for night from my credit card . I just called hated about issue, same ladie who checked me in told me my girlfriend should keep her mouth shut and that I had anger issues ??? Well will see what Leanne has to say in morn?

Room Tip: Don't go there,
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StewShan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I wanted to take my daughter to see the falls. When we got to the hotel, the front desk clerk was helping another customer who was having a problem. So we had to wait while he helped her access her room. When we went to our 1st room it was dirty. The bedding was heaped into a pile in the middle of the room. 2nd room same, 3rd room did not have keys. No additional rooms because the owner had the rooms reserved for family. So we had to go to the front desk to gain access to our room. One extra trip to the front desk for cups and towels (room was short). The next morning the breakfast room was felt like it was 100 degrees. Out of OJ and cranberry juice. I talked with the manager about a partial refund. She assured me she would. Its been a week with no response or partial refund from the hotel.

Room Tip: would choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Canal Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hello Fred,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We at the Comfort Inn Welland, take pride in ensuring quality rooms and great customer service is offered. I can ensure you that these problems will not occur again. I encourage you to book with us again and when you do, I will personally make sure that we have me all your needs.

Manager

Travelers are raving about these Welland hotels

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Last tuesday was my stay at Comfort Inn, The room i lived in was with king bed and had a good look and i liked it immediately after entering into room. Welcome by the front desk service provider was great as behavior was friendly. Just wana say that room was good and enjoyed breakfast provided over there. Enjoyed staying at Comfort Inn with great Comfort with my Gf

Room Tip: Try zakuji room which i have not tried yet in Comfort Inn as it was booked. Next stay will be In tha...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank SAPIL
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I usually book at this hotel couple of times a year, and this time when I came back, the hotel is totally changed. I got bacon and eggs for breakfast, my room has Flat screen tv and the staff is great. I need help with directions and agent was helpful in getting them printed. Rooms were clean and the bedding was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask to put breakfast out early and they will do it for you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Kevin S
Welland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I came to Welland for a family affair. The Comfort Inn Welland was my first choice. The staff is always nice and the rooms are always clean. The new General Manager, Ashar Syed, has been making drastic changes to the hotel. The Lobby and hallways smell nice and look clean. The rooms are nice and beds are firm, The Hot Buffet Breakfast was great for me and my husband. We had choices between Bacon, eggs and fresh waffles. I would always recommend this hotel and they have flat screen TVs.

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms for easy access
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank J g
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

The side door of the hotel was not locked in fact it was broken. Our room was suppose to be non smoking however the woman next door was smoking and our room stunk. The sliding door lock was broken and the security bar on the inner door did not work. The room smelled of smoke and was also musty smelling. The staff blamed the smoke smell on workers earlier in the week, but when we left we could see through the sliding door 2 women in the room beside us smoking. Since when do you have a smoking room right next to non smoking. WE asked to be moved to another room and were told they were full. Instead the girl came and sprayed air freshener in our room. When we got back to the hotel at 11pm there were 9 cars in the parking lot including the Caravan that looked like it had been sitting there for weeks. There was no way the place was full. The place was outdated, the rug was stained and the TV remote was not working plus the TV was an old RCA not even flat screen. The ceiling looked yellowed from smoke and just generally dirty.The hall was so cold it was barely warmer than outside. My parents had booked the room so not wanting to upset them I said nothing. If I had booked a room there I would have left after I saw the room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank GCGraham
Englehart, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed one night in September. Nice room, close to shopping. Pool looked nice but no time to swim. Maybe next time..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank Kittyminky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose City Suites
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cairn Croft Hotel
At Home Bed & Breakfast - Rose Manor

Been to Canal Inn? Share your experiences!