“Horrible!”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My sister and I went for dinner here.... started off ok, our server was very nice (the only good thing about the place!) First tip off should have been that it was dead... one other couple there for evening meal. We were told that the bar list was under construction, so they didn't have one. So, not wanting to ask, how much is a glass of wine, how much is a half litre, how much is a bottle, we decided on getting a half litre of red and white. We ordered our meal, and they came with no problems. I ordered the Jambalaya, my sister ordered Chicken masala. Her meal was good. MIne was very very hot (and I like spicy food), it also had next to no sausage in it. I noticed it had a lot of onions as I was eating it, so decided to put them aside (to cut down on the heat a bit). Turned out I had over half a bowl of onions in my dish!! Ridiculous! We couldn't believe it. I complained to the waiter, nothing was done about it?? We asked for our bill and gave them a card for us to get buy one meal get one free. So you can imagine our surprise when we got a $72 bill!!!! what!? I didn't go the the KEG for goodness sake! Our wine was just under $20 each! we complained and asked to speak to manager, he wasn't in. However, there was a kitchen mgr in and we asked to speak to him. He didn't not come out to us (not like he was busy, at this point we were the only ones in the restaurant, and even the waitress was walking around with her coat on!!.. hint hint??!!) So we paid the bill, not happy at all, still left a tip for the waiter. I called the restaurant this afternoon to complain to the manager! Wow!! He was so rude, I got uhuh, and mhmmm, answers from him!! I have found out he is actually the owner. So, then I shouldn't be surprised to see that is restaurant is in the condition it is... he didn't care. He did eventually offer me a free meal when I returned, I told him I would never return, I would rather go to CORRADO'S in Brooklin where you get fresh, home made meals, and they are way cheaper too!!!

2  Thank ScOttielassWhitby

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

What is with the trellis on part of the ceiling with half the lights out and all the dust in?
Stupid!
And dart boards with tables UNDERNEATH so u can play if NOBODY is here!
The hostess (2 of them) did nothing for two hours!
We asked for another round of drinks ( we were all empty!) and the hostess went to get her then went back to her "stand" then we had to ask the hostess if she went to get the server. She said " yes, she will be right with you" you can see my point here.
Needs a makeover everywhere!!!

3  Thank Suzanne64Toronto_ON
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The food was excellent. I had the rib-eye steak which was grilled just right. My wife had the shrimp pasta and she enjoyed it. There was a large serving of it, so we brought the remaining meal home with us. We had read on the on-line reviews that the service was slow, but we found this night it was speedy and the server was interested in our enjoying our meal. We had one of the 2 for one discount cards, thus the whole meal was an excellent value.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

All the staff are excellent. Good food (great wings), nice choice of beers. Hockey, ufc,... what more do you need?

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The finger foods a little cold, when served. No special drink prices or anything.

1  Thank Lisalynne W