“Great Ribs - Always delicious”
Review of Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For an unparalleled dining experience featuring succulent Angus AAA steaks, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine list, visit Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Whitby.
Reviewed October 23, 2016

Our group of 12 had a great birthday celebration party at Bâton Rouge. I have been to over ten Bâton Rouge restaurants. The food is fairly consistent between locations, but the service quality varies; this could be a function of the number of trainees at any point in time. I love their meat easily comes off the bone ribs, even though I asked for them to be close to burnt, as I like most of the fat burnt off. All 12 of us very much enjoyed our dining/celebration experience at the 21 Consumers Drive, Whitby location. We found the service attentiveness and friendliness level to be higher than normal. All our meals came as ordered/expected.

We spent two hours at the restaurant, celebrating, chatting and having a good time.

My favourites include: the Thai coconut shrimp and spinach dip appetizers; maple glazed grilled salmon; and the 16 ounce BBQ pork back ribs with sweet potato fries and baked beans.

The location on this TripAdviser write-up is listed as 25 Consumers Drive, Whitby. However, the business cards for the location have 21 Consumers Drive, Whitby, Ontario L1N 9S2. Postal code on listing and business card are the same.

2  Thank KodoDrummer

Reviewed October 17, 2016

My hubby took me there for dinner. I had a steak, cooked to perfection, with fully loaded potato, very good and tasty. My husband had the roast beef, cooked the way he liked it. The waitress was very nice and polite.
The atmosphere is not too noisy, like most restaurants.

Reviewed September 25, 2016

You gotta have the pork ribs!! We always sit in the Bar area so we can watch the sports on the tube, food is always good and service quick and friendly. Prices are fare for what you get.. The ribs are smoky and tender and they should be in Ribfest because they would blow everyone else outta the park.

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

I need to start this review with full disclosure. I wasn't hungry when I got out of the car in the parking lot but the smell of the kitchen exhaust of grilled meat threw my appetite into overdrive and I sat down starving! That may have earned an extra rating level from me.

My friend and I meet here for dinner twice a month all summer long. We have, by request, the same server. He is very good and efficient and takes care of our needs without imposing. The menu is wide in selections and the food came out of the kitchen hot and delicious.

There is a nice taste unique to each dish. The meat was done right as ordered and in sufficient quantities that we knew we had just eaten well.

The place is very clean and nicely decorated. Overall a professionally run joint

Reviewed September 5, 2016

Had a good experience at this resturant this past weekend. Service was perfect - not rushed and not dragged out with just the right amount of interaction. I had the baby ribs and my wife had the seafood linguine - both meals were excellent. We finished with the cookie topped with ice cream - Simply Devine. Overall, an excellent meal and service.