“ribs”
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Ranked #22 of 331 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For an unparalleled dining experience featuring succulent Angus AAA steaks, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine list, visit Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Whitby.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Rib special the ribs where so great succulent meat fell of the bone i had chicken breast & ribs could not eat everything my husband took some ribs home i took some chicken so lunch next day with salad it was great service is excellant this is our second time there will visit again look for lunch specials to try the resturant.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Similar to the Keg, but with a Cajun twist. Beans are great, ribs are fall off the bone, steaks done to order. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I drive by this place every day to and from work, and in all this time, never went in until last night.

Right off the bat upon entering, my Wife and I were greeted with smiling faces and very pleasant and accommodating staff. We were seated immediately and had a member of the staff greet us at our table within 30 seconds for our drinks and appetizer orders. Once again, very pleasant personality that started off for a great meal and experience ahead.

The overall atmosphere of the restaurant was extremely calm and quaint. No loud music (Though there was music playing, it was in the background and we were able to carry on a conversation without having to raise our voices to be heard).

The low wattage lighting was fantastic and gave off a wonderful sense of romance. Not too bright, and not too dim.

Our drinks were served less than 2 minutes later, and our appetizers within 5 minutes after that. Now, that's fast considering that it was a busy night.

The food came in 20 minutes later, and the portions are HUGE! My steak was done perfectly and my Wife had ribs and Scallops. The Scallops are massive, and the ribs are fall off the bone delicious.

Back step here. When we were served our food, our server came to us 2 minutes later asking if everything was okay, and if there was anything she could do to make our stay that much better. That's what I love to see. Attentive staff, but not always coming around every couple of minutes. Our server was always in view and she was always checking her section and always on the move.

Even though this is a franchise, it's staff and cooks are very much Mom and Pop. They are willing to go the extra mile because they can, not because they have to, and that means everything to me.

You have to experience it to believe it. We will be going back for more!

1  Thank Keith R
Reviewed April 1, 2013

First, I must say that although the name may lead you to believe this is a Louisiana/Cajun restaurant, that is not the case! This is a rib and steak house and from that perspective, this restaurant is very good! The portions are very generous, the prices are reasonable and definitely fair and the service, at this location, was excellent. This large, warmly decorated restaurant features some of the best ribs I have ever eaten. The seafood dish was average (grit in the scallops) but the staff was very quick to resolve the complaint and the manager came to see us to ensure all was in order after the problem was resolved. Kudos to the staff!

1  Thank Eric J
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently visited Baton Rouge in Whitby.....I was hesitant as I don't tend to love 'chain' restaurants but we were pleasantly surprised! The service was excellent - friendly, attentive, and professional. The food was actually really good (though the portion size were insanely huge). We had the ribs and they were flavourful, tender and very tasty. The coleslaw was above average and sides were good too. All in all a good experience!

1  Thank JJWooge