“The good, bad and the ugly”
Review of Starr Ave Burger

Starr Ave Burger
Ranked #24 of 326 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Bowmanville, Canada
“The good, bad and the ugly”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter and I went here for lunch one day when we were in the Whitby area. Someone recommended this place to us. We both ordered the Starr Burger with cheese and bacon and the onion rings. The burger was absolutely delicious! A nice homemade patty with lots of fixins. The bun was a bit plain and boring. The onion rings were too doughy for me. Very thick and chewy, not crispy the way I like them. The seating area in this restaurant was horrific - filthy dirty! I was afraid to think how bad the hygene likely was in the kitchen area. The serving staff was not terribly friendly and the young lady that served us (eventually when SHE felt like it) was busy talking to a young man at the counter. Although the burger itself was yummy, not sure I'm in a hurry to go back. The place needs a good cleaning and some minor repairs to floor tiles etc and perhaps some more mature, more friendly staff.

• Visited June 2013

Kingston, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best homemade Burgers anywhere”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Starburger has the best homemade burgers around! Whenever we travel up to Toronto we can't past by Whitby without stopping at Starburger for our Starburger fix!! From succulent chicken to fresh cut fries and don't get me started on their large juicy homemade Starburger...yummy!!! Any pick at Starburger and you can't go wrong:)!!

• Visited May 2013
Whitby, Canada
“A local favorite”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great burgers and better onion rings. Lots of choices and the burgers are hand made. Say "hi" to Danny. Elvis was seen there once...Johnny A

Visited March 2013
Oshawa, Canada
“Good Burger But Lacking In Other Departments”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Haven't been for a while and dropped in on the way up Brock St. Burger still top notch but restaurant needs a good cleaning and some repairs. Fries soggy and coke very watery (but what to you expect from a fountain and cup half full of ice. Best to get a burger only to go here.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank TwoRetiredOshawans
Toronto
“Best homemade burger in Whitby”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Once in a while I always get a craving for a burger and there is no other place in Whitby I would rather go than Starr Burger. I always order the "homemade Starr burger" big patty with a ton of toppings, always busy around dinner time but worth the wait. You can phone your order in and pick it up too .....WHile we always take out, the restaurant is 50's style with a bunch of memorabilia for those who would rather eat in.

• Visited April 2013