“Reliable and great”

Ranked #2 of 329 Restaurants in Whitby
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had take out last night for 7 people who dropped in. Food was ready fast for pick-up and was awesome as usual. Everyone liked it...and I had some older finicky Jamaicans over! The reviewer that said you don't need to travel to the Danforth is right. Love it.

There are newer reviews for Greek Tycoon Restaurant

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a regular business lunch spot for me because it’s reasonably priced, the staff are friendly and the food is great.

The best thing about the Greek Tycoon is consistency. The food quality is reliable, the staff are dependable.

Owner operated restaurants like these are so much more enjoyable than the big chain restaurants.
If you enjoy Greek food you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband my 3 yr old and 10 month old walked in. The owner? came to seat us we were treated rudely and the guy had a frown the whole time cause we had children really??? It's a family restaurant! The waitress was nice we had a great meal the staff was super nice but really, that guy should go on some antidepressants maybe. Just sayin.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for approximately 10 years now and the food has always been excellent. The menu consists of the typical greek cuisine along with other north American selections. The service is great and you will always be treated like you are one of the family. The restaurant is small but we have always been able to get seated. It does get busy during the usual dinner hours so I suggest making reservations or going at a time other than dinner.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm not sure that this restaurant really wants solo guests. My greeting at the door was brusque, bordering on rude. "There's just you?" I was asked incredulously. No smile here: I was ushered silently to a small table and left to my own devices for five minutes.
The young waitress who finally took my order was a lot more welcome and attentive. this was the first time I had eaten here, so I can only vouch for the quality of the Moussaka I ordered. It was excellent — a generous portion of moist, tasty Moussaka (which had not dried out — a frequent problem with this dish in restaurants) accompanied by tasty vegetables and perhaps too generous portions of rice and potatoes. The preceding Greek salad which came with the order was a generous portion with an excellent dressing, but they did skimp on the Feta cheese. There was also a generous portion of warm peta bread which I gobbled up.
I didn't have dessert, drank a reasonably priced domestic beer with the meal (served in a properly chilled glass) and didn't try the coffee.
The place was noisy and clearly attracts a lot of repeat patrons who on this evening clearly were receiving warmer welcomes than I did.
Bottom line: acceptable food, but my reaction to the restaurant remains mixed. But it is conveniently located, less than five minutes away from Highway 401 and several hotels.

2  Thank travelling1935