“Excellent Value”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Ontario.
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently stayed one night on business. I had checked out a number of hotels before booking this one and it was as advertised. I booked a studio suite for $119 +HST and was pleased with the room size and amenities. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything needed including a dishwasher, living area, king bed, large bathroom area and a desk with FREE wifi. "Check out pictures". Everything was very clean and I had no issues. Staff was attentive and made me aware of the free dinner available in the Gatehouse court yard. They post a calendar in your room of what's being served each night. Breakfast was also included and was used by many of the guests. Location is adjacent to the 401 and has a number of roadhouse type restaurants nearby. This was my first stay at a Residence Inn and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Studio suite more than enough room for 2
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank northernersun
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, July 30, 2013

Dear Northenersun,
Thank you for the great comments and pictures that you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is always good to hear that a guest enjoys their stay and the service that we provided to them was appreciated.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Subash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I visit Whitby from the UK for a week every year to spend time with an elderly relative who is in a retirement home. For the last 4 or 5 years, we have stayed at The Residence Inn which serves our needs perfectly. Staff are invariably courteous, friendly and helpful - nothing seems to be too much trouble and any minor issues which crop up have always been dealt with promptly. Breakfast is excellent, rooms are clean and offer more than adequate facilities for our needs.

Refubishment was being carried out during our stay last year but caused us no inconvenience at all. This year there was an issue with plumbing which restricted water use for a few hours on a couple of days. Initially we were concerned about this but staff were reassuring and, in the event, this too proved to be a brief and very minor inconvenience. Any building subject to this sort of use has to have work carried out from time to time. We look forward to our return visit next year.

Room Tip: We take a one bed suite which suits us fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alf1951_13

Dear Alf1951_13
Thank you for the wonderful comments that you posted on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the fact that you have stayed with us continously over the past few years. We are glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and public spaces and I'm glad that we did not inconvenience you last year during the process. We look forward to having you stay with us again next year.

Angus, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as a guest for 1 night and although I was unable to use the pool and hot tub facilites due to time, I completely enjoyed my stay. The hotel is extremely clean and there was always someone at the front desk or close by with a ready smile and willing to help. Its not a fancy hotel, but it is well looked after from the gardens, to the lobby and dining area. The rooms were compact but not cramped, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We were facing the road and yet were mostly undisturbed by the noise from it. Our wake up call came promptly and efficiently and I really appreciated the friendliness of the staff even at such an early hour. Breakfast in the morning with waffle machines, fruit, yogurt and hot coffee was wonderful. There was also a nice selection of bagels, muffins and breads. The room was so nice and light to sit in and I enjoyed that start to my day! The hotel was so very close to many restaturants, and as my boyfriend was staying the whole week at the Residence in, I got to experience a couple of nice places that I didn't know were close to my hometown.

If I find myself in need of a place quite local for myself or any of my friends, I would definately recommend this hotel for couples, family or solo!

Ps. The hot chocolate chip cookies at the front desk were such a sweet, and quaint touch, thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wendy Henderson,
Thank you for your very kind comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. You have described our hotel and the service we try to provide in great detail and for that I am grateful. We do try to ensure that all of our guest's stay be as perfect as possible, and I'm glad we were able to do that for you.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this location for one night - May 10th, 2013. We arrived separately and late, and the front desk was very accomodating - giving me an extra room key without a problem, since my husband was already in the room, and likely sleeping.

I booked a Studio room, with 1 queen bed and sofabed. The room also had a kitchen (which we didn't make use of). Very comfortable bed. Only extremely minor issue was that no shampoo was left by housekeeping, only 2 bottles of conditioner. But this was so minor, we didn't call downstairs about it.

Free WiFi was included, which is a nice perk.

Free buffet breakfast was also nice. Make your own waffles were decent, the breads and pastries were good. There was also oatmeal, yogurt, and fresh fruit available. Juice, milk, coffee and tea were plentiful.

This seems like a very popular location with families. I saw quite a few families with children at breakfast.

Overall a great place and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, May 24, 2013

Dear 2007Piglet,
Thank you very much for the great review on Tripadvisor, you couldn't have sold our property better if you worked here. I am glad that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, I only wish that you were able to stay longer.
Thanks again for your wonderful remarks.
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend for a soccer tournament. It was very very clean and comfortable - even the pull out sofa! The staff had the halls quiet by 10:30 at the latest! We were treated very nicely and all employees were very polite.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Hail1997,
Thank you for the great review you put on Tripadvisor. I am happy that your soccer team enjoyed their stay, we try to ensure all teams that stay with us have a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed her for two nights on business. The hotel is conveniently located just off of the 401, across the street from a shopping center, and a quick drive to the downtown area. The lobby area was nice, and check in was very expedient. When I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised. Kitchenette, living room, separate bedroom, and a bathroom. The only thing I didn't like was the pillows on the bed (but this is a trend I see in most hotels), and I could hear the folks next door talking through the walls. Hot breakfast (waffles, bacon, eggs) and supper (chili, chicken ceasar salad) were included with my room, and both very good. There was a pool area, but I didn't have time to explore. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Whitby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ethanpoo,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. I am very happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Breakfast is always an important part of our guest's day, so we provide as many healthy choices as we can so you can get your day off to a resounding start. I hope the next time your are in Whitby, you try our pool.
Thanks again for your wonderful review.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Residence in for one night during a short weekend trip. The hotel was clean, conveniently located with spacious rooms and kitchenettes. By no means a luxury hotel it is a very good economical option!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear JJWooge,
Thank you for your review of us on Tripadvisor. I'm glad that we were able to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the very near future.

Subash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby

Been to Residence Inn Whitby? Share your experiences!