“Staff are wonderful! Rooms are beautiful!”

Residence Inn Whitby
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Moncton, NB
“Staff are wonderful! Rooms are beautiful!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. The room was spacious with a fridge, stove top, dishwasher and oven. The breakfast was good and the supper was ok.The GM was at the desk and said Good Morning to us everyday. The housekeeping staff were amazing. I spoke with Nancy the housekeeping supervisor one morning and asked for some help in packaging some jars to bring home to my mother. When I got back to my room that night I found the jars bubble wrapped and in a box with a hand written note from Nancy. This level of service, going above and beyond, you don't see too often. Thank you Nancy!!

Subash, you have a great staff and a beautiful property, keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank katlander
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, September 26, 2012

Dear Katlander,
Thank you for your wonderful review of us, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Nancy. We try to ensure that all of our guest's needs are exceeded when they stay with us. Our staff enjoy interacting with our guests and it shows. Thank you for appreciating the service and the accommodations that we provide and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Subash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I called in the morning to see if I can check in a half hour early they made it happen. The staff is amazing, the breakfast exceeded my expectations. Very good location many places across the road. Would highly recommend. The GM came out to greet us at arrival...that was a nice surprise. Amazing rooms thanks Marriott!!!!

1 Thank Stylz1

Dear Stylz,
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your last stay with us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with an excellent "Marriott" experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was going to write a review and happened to read through the last couple of reviews and I will be defending the hotel. The 2 people that commented before must have been in the lobby as I was checking in and they wanted an upgrade for free, the manager explained that it was more money, they demanded that they wanted the upgrade and he explained the hotel didn't have any available. The manager was very calm and professional as they were being just rude.

Now about my lovely stay. I loved the rooms, they look brand new ( did you recently do renos?!) The breakfast area looks fantastic! They staff was always smiling & seemed to be very happy which made us feel very welcome. My only complaint would be that the teams parents don't look after their kids. I'm sure the parents that commented were part of the problem, but the hotel did their very best to make everyone happy. I will be coming back in october for another stay.
Thank you very much Marriott staff for a wonderful stay!

1 Thank hailiemaddison

Dear Haliemaddison,
Thank you for you wonderful comments regarding your last stay with us. We do try our best to ensure that all of our guest's stays are so good that they tell stories about us. We have just completed our extensive renovations and our guests have been very impressed by it. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The rooms have terrible layouts. You have to pay 100.00 extra for two REGULAR beds. Scam! Marriott should face the fact that they can not accomodate this location and sell to someone who can! I travel throughout the year for my two sons and their sports and, until now, have always booked with Marriott. I went next door to Holiday Inn Express and was treated with respect. Your manager Subash is consistently losing business for this place. Told me I couldn't have the group rate and when I wanted to cancel, tried to hold me to the group cancellation policy! What a poor excuse for a Manager!!

2 Thank juliebrown77
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, September 2, 2012

Dear Ms. Brown,
Let me first apologise for the experience you had during your last stay with us, I will try to address the issues that you encountered. Our two bedroom suites are twice the size of our single suites, they have two complete bedrooms as well as two complete washrooms , hence the reason that there is a $100 rate difference. When we have groups in our hotel, we set aside a certain number of rooms at a special discounted rate for them, and they have a certain date that they have to make their reservations by, so if you walk in on the date of their arrival you would not be able to get that rate (we were sold out on Friday night), had you made the reservation in advance with the team, we would have been happy to give you the team rate. You made a reservation for Saturday night under the AAA rate and you are allowed to cancel up until 4pm on the day of your arrival (you cancelled on Friday night without a penalty). I am sorry that you did not get the full Marriott experience, but I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and I am sure that we will be able to wow you as we have done previously.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

On top of not showing compassion Manager Subash was Rude by not letting me finsh a sentence! I booked and asked for TWO beds and when I arrived I was told it was One bed and a pull out couch with a thin uncomfortable mattress! Then they offered me a 2bedroom suite for 100$ more a night ! SCAM !! Then I go to the washroom and see 2 pubic hairs on the floor Gross !! Never going back to a Marriott again !

1 Thank Isi1967
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Subash Ramkissoon - General Manager,

Dear Ms. Nicholas,
I apologize that you did not enjoy your last stay with us. We did not exceed your expectations as we normally do. I ask that you give us an opportunity to wow you again, as this past stay was not a reflection of what our guest's experience should be.

Ontario
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I always stay at Marriott Residence Inns when I can. Rooms spacious and well equipped. This hotel's location next to 401 and GO station is perfect for a quick trip into downtown Toronto. Our request for late checkout was honorees and there is no additional parking fee

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We were lucky Enough to be upgraded, into a two bedroom suite. Breakfast was excellent and was close to nearby restaurants. Although close to highway, you couldn't hear but you could occasionally hear a train horn. It seemed to be a new hotel, it's a shame we couldn't stay longer.

Stayed July 2012
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, August 23, 2012

Dear Penny E.
Thank you for the wonderful posting about our property on Tripadvisor. I'm happy that you enjoyed your last stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Subash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby

Been to Residence Inn Whitby? Share your experiences!