“Great Stay”

Residence Inn Whitby
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed there for the last 7 days with my family and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must commend the management for the great job they do, everyone is always smiling and seem to enjoy working there. The rooms are great for long stays with the full kitchen, and breakfast and dinner is included in the price. The pool was a bit warm, but I won't complain, the BBQ area was great for us to use too. Thanks for everything guys and we will see you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear AliGomez,
Thank you for the great comments you posted about our property on Tripadvisor. I'm gald you enjoyed your 7 night stay with us. I'm sure you had an opportunity to enjoy all of our ammenities and facilities that cater to both long and short stays. Our goal is always to exceed our guest's expectations and we hope we exceeded yours.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over this past weekend with my son's lacrosse team. This was our first time using this hotel and I must say that I was really impressed with it. Let me explain why, firstly the rooms are awesome, they are huge with a full kitchen with full size stoves and fridges and utencils for 4 people. Then there is the BBQ area with 2 grills, and a nice area that we were able to enjoy a team dinner. The pool and hot tub were also great for the kids and a good relaxer for the adults. The staff at this hotel are some of the best that I have ever encountered in my years of travelling, the manager always greets you with a smile, the front desk girls always willing to chat and make sure everything is good. The housekeepers were very thorough and were pleasant in the hallways. My only complaint would be about breakfast, I guess they serve breakfast until 10am, and everyone came down at 9.50am, there was ample food and they replenished it but it got pretty packed in there. My advice, wake up a bit earlier so that you can enjoy what a great spread they offer. I have already booked the team for next year and I hear they are nearly sold out already, no wonder.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear JulesKiran,
Thank you for the great comments you posted about our property on Tripadvisor. We do tend to have many teams stay with us at this time of the year, and with our kitchens, BBQ area and the full breakfast and light dinner, we try to exceed their expectations. I will pass on your wonderful comments about the staff and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Whitby Marriot as part of a course that my wife and I were attending in the area. We were pleased with the room itself and liked the separate bedroom and sitting room with small kitchen area. This setup would be ideal for a family and would provide options for privacy and meals.

Unfortunately, the Whitby Marriot fell short in the common areas of the hotel. The common hallways, elevators and dining area were rundown and in some places dirty. To my mind this is one area that should receive specific attention given that this is the first impression that a guest has of any hotel. Regarding the dining area, and continental breakfast, we felt that the food was a bit disappointing. We did not expect fine dining, however, the food was tasteless and limited.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear JetJunkie,
Thank you for commenting regarding your recent stay with us, I do appreciate your feedback. Regarding the common areas, we are currently renovating them and to date they are completed, when you stayed we were probably in the process of changing the hallway carpet and it may have looked a bit off. We have tried to renovate without any disturbance to our guests, however when doing something like hallway carpet or hallway wallpaper, its difficult to accomplish this.
I do appreciate your feedback however, and I look forward to having you stay with us again so that you can enjoy the finished product.
Thanks

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Having never stayed at a Residence Inn I did not know what to suspect. We were pleasantly surprised with what we found. The suite was a good size with the bedroom and bathroom seperate from the main room. Overall, lots of room. It was clean and very comfortable. Unfortunately, they only have queen size beds but the bed was very comfortable. We had limited contact with the front desk staff but when we did they were very pleasant.Location is great. Right off the 401 and half a mile from every chain restaraunt you could name. All in one complex.
We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mdog65

Dear Mdog65,
I'm glad that you enjoyed your fist stay with us and also with your first Residence Inn, we look forward to having you stay with us again. Being in close proximity to all those local restaurants is a great benefit to our guests, and also being just off the 401 is another benefit. Again, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Large studio suite with full kitchen and all crockery and utensils. Spotlessly clean. Comfortable bed.
Excellent complimentary breakfast (sausage, egg, hash browns, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, muffins, youghurt, juice, coffee, etc.). Fast, complimentary wi-fi.
Fast easy check in - check out. Nice pool, BBQ area and work out room.
Excellent value for price paid.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Derek,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property on Tripadvisor. I am elated that you enjoyed your stay, and enjoyed all of our ammenities. We look forward to having you back with us again very soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

What a lovely stay. Our suite had everything we could possibly need. The pool and hottub were a delightful way to end the evening. We really lucked out with a delicious complimentary bbq steak dinner, and the complimentary breakfast had more choices than we've found at any other hotel. The front desk staff and dining staff were friendly and helpful. The renovations which are just about finished are great. Overall, it was a fantastic experience. Big thanks.

Room Tip: We loved the fact there was a TV in the living room as well as in the bedroom, so we could each watc...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear JimMary63,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It is always good to hear from our guests and even better when they enjoyed their stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and light dinner, I'm also happy you like the new renovated look.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Good business place to stay, but try checking in after 7pm and its a nightmare. I have done this twice now and there is a fntastic, helpful and charming lady on duty at this time, but she's on her own. Answering ALL the incoming calls, queries from existing gusts and those trying to check in. management need to give this lady a hand as it too me 30 minutes to check in last time . I repeat that the lady receptionist it great but she has no back-up.

Strangely, if she were slap-dash like a lot of people it would be quicker but she really likes to take care of people so it takes her longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank consultgp
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Consult GP,
I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, but I do apologize that the check in process was lengthy. We have added a second person in the evening to assist our guests and their needs. I will pass on your comments to Denise as well, and I agree, she does have a wonderful relationship with all of our guests and she does try to help them all as much as possible.
Again, Thanks for the wonderful comments.
Subash

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitby
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area

Been to Residence Inn Whitby? Share your experiences!