“Always good”

East Side Mario's Whitby (Taunton)
Ranked #137 of 379 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Can't say enough about it, always good and fast and efficient service. Pasta was wonderful as was the pizza.

Date of visit: July 2012
Write a reviewReviews (64)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I have been to a TON of East Side Mario's - in fact, he worked there for several years as a student so he's very familiar with what the product and service should be like. The ESM is Whitby is absolutely horrible. We moved to Whitby a couple years ago and were delighted that there is an ESM 2 minutes from our house. The service is appalling. We've ordered delivery a few times - and every time we wait for well over an hour - and receive cold food. We keep giving it a chance but we're stupid for doing so. Just had another disappointing experience. Paid over $50 to have a pizza and salad delivered. What a mistake! 70 min later and we had a cold pizza, a salad without dressing, and were missing the homeloaf we ordered. Go elsewhere!!!

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food at the whitby location is always amazing and tastes fresh and great. The service is always above and beyond. I will always continue to return best italian in durham.

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently returned to this East Side Mario's after an absence of 18 months, hoping that it had improved. Our last experience was horrific and even reporting it to head office did not improve my opinion of this location (they didn't really care and thought a $10 gift card would make everything right). Sadly, I was disappointed yet again.

Yes - this time the food was hot but that would be about the only good thing I could say about the visit. First, the server - UGH! Zero for enthusiasm...we were definitely an imposition and a bother (even though we were easy customers). Second, the food - temperature hot yes, taste - none, and spice was through the roof to the point it destroyed my palette - I had ordered spicy but expected taste too! Lastly, not one person checked on us after our meal was served - they couldn't get us out fast enough (I didn't bother complaining to management this time).

Can't say I would ever return again - even though its proximity is so convenient. Save your money - go elsewhere.

Date of visit: January 2013