“Excellent place to dine”
Review of KB

KB
Ranked #5 of 331 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Chef Kevin Brown, is KB, providing fresh, playful, and innovative restaurant dining. We invite you to join us and taste the difference!Our goal is to provide you with exceptional food and refreshment with value, and warm personable service, in a fun, dynamic and casual environment. Our menu is a market driven, created daily, guided by the seasons, and showcasing the best in local, sustainable ingredients, complimented by superior spirits and a large selection of wine. Our staff is dedicated to your experience, smiling ambassadors to the passion and love of food, wine and service.Established in 2012.Owned and operated by Chef Kevin Brown who brings over 25 years of top level experience of restaurant management.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday earlier this week. This was the first time we had been to this restaurant. I never knew such a place existed in Whitby. This restaurant is fabulous. The food was wonderful from start to finish; the ambience was perfect; and the service was remarkable. Our meal for the two of us including tip was over $150, but worth every penny. The staff made my boyfriend's birthday feel very special and I am very grateful for that. Thank you to all at KB for a perfect birthday evening. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely go back.

1  Thank KGJC

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have now eaten at KB four times, and have literally enjoyed every single bite. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and their Thursday wine special is terrific. Chef Kevin Brown makes painstaking efforts to make almost everything in-house, even desserts. And, though a chef of his skill may not want to be remembered for a burger, his, with house-made sour-dough bun, puts all the recent high-end burger chains to shame! His effort to use local ingredients is also notable. I've done the comparison with all the other finer dining establishments in Durham, and there are a few of note, but if you START at KB, it goes downhill from there.

1  Thank Lovingwhitby
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was quite surprised at the quality of the meal at KB Food. The menu is quite unique, and everything is made with good quality ingredients. There seems to be no processed foods anywhere other than sugars used in the desserts. While a bit louder than I'd have liked, the food is more than enough to make up for the ambient noise level. Prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the food. Definitely a repeat restaurant for me. It's higher on the price point for Whitby, but it's a very relaxed atmosphere.

K B, Owner at KB, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Hello Ray,

thank you for your feedback, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our restaurant!

It does get a bit loud - some of our friends are really fun - but I am glad to hear it didn't ruin your evening. Sometimes the back room is a bit quieter, if you ask we will try to find a quieter area for you.

Hope to see you soon,

Kevin Brown
aka KB

Reviewed April 15, 2014

An incredibly unique and enjoyable dining experience. The menu changes weekly - sometimes daily - based on the availability of the locally sourced food this place is known for. We have been a dozen times and never had the same thing twice - all of it has been pretty superior to anything around here. Great wine selection (as always we want more VQA but hardly a dealbreaker), the staff is surprisingly on top of the ever-changing food selection and make great suggestions every time. Simply stellar.

K B, Owner at KB, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you so much for the compliments!

You are not the first to ask for more VQA selections, we will be adding more of them in the near future.

We appreciate your business, and your feedback.

Happy dining!!

Kevin Brown
"KB"

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Our first time trying KB and we were so surprised to find that Durham actually has an amazing fine dining experience!! Food was so fresh and delicious! Staff were incredible!! We will be back and bringing our friends!

1  Thank Little_Erz
K B, Owner at KB, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind compliments! We don't really think of ourselves as "fine dining" but we are so glad you find quality in our food! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Kevin