“Awesome!”

Ranked #5 of 330 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Chef Kevin Brown, is KB, providing fresh, playful, and innovative restaurant dining. We invite you to join us and taste the difference!Our goal is to provide you with exceptional food and refreshment with value, and warm personable service, in a fun, dynamic and casual environment. Our menu is a market driven, created daily, guided by the seasons, and showcasing the best in local, sustainable ingredients, complimented by superior spirits and a large selection of wine. Our staff is dedicated to your experience, smiling ambassadors to the passion and love of food, wine and service.Established in 2012.Owned and operated by Chef Kevin Brown who brings over 25 years of top level experience of restaurant management.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

After a friend recommended this restaurant to me, my fiance and I tried it out and we loved it! The first thing I loved: they took a reservation on a Friday night - that is rare.

We started with the maple smoked cheddar, and olive bread as an appetizer, although I do think the bread should be complementary. Both were amazing.

My fiance loved that they offered less common beers, but they do still offer the regulars (Canadian, Blue, etc.). He overheard another waitress telling a larger party about a beer that was not on the menu. He ordered it and it was alright, but why not put it on the menu if your offerings change weekly? Anyway...I had the chicken panini with avocado and my fiance had the steak. It was a really thick steak and he was surprised to see it was cooked perfectly! Everything was delicious and the service was great! It was nice to see a smaller local restaurant so busy! The music and atmosphere were really nice.

This restaurant reminds me of a less expensive version of the Port (in Pickering), which is not a bad thing, it's a great thing! A nice place to go for a date without breaking the bank!

BTW - I am told the Sunday roast dinner is amazing, will be trying that one day soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Travellers and locals you must add KB to your list of very good restaurants to visit. I have been enjoying eating at as many restaurants that I can locally and when I travel.
I paid an overdue visit the other day for lunch and decided to try the burger. This burger was cooked perfect with juice, flavour with a wonderful portion of pulled pork along with onions and other fantastic toppings. This burger along with home cut fries and a barking squirrel draft made my day. I hope to bring my wife in soon for dinner as you can't get tired of the menu as it changes frequently
Thanks to Kevin/Sonia and the great staff at KB

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here with friends at a 7pm reservation. Many of their dishes were already sold out? They should plan better regarding having enough food for a busy Saturday night.
The food was good, but upset that 2 main dishes were completely sold out at such an early time of the night. I have never experienced this before for such an early reservation time.
Great service, good food, but disappointed with them running out of food.

3  Thank georgiegirlto
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Just completed our starters of homemade duck pate along with dubliner cheese and salami. The flavors complimented the local organic draft beer.
I am now torn between the mixed grill or lamb shank yet a 3rd great sounding burger.
Folks the staff, owner and chefs are top notch and the friendly professional service keeps us coming back.
If you appreciate quality fresh food and great value for it please try this place.
Thanks KB

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have eaten here three times in order to give it a fair shake. The first time we just had appetizers and were enthused about the menu, service, atmosphere etc....great music btw.

The second time was for breakfast: very disappointing and way to expensive. My eggs benedict were cold and when I told the waitress when she asked how I liked them didn't offer to take them off the bill....I didn't want a second helping at this point. It was also a bad combination of flavours. My husband had a sausage dish and he said it was too heavy and didn't enjoy his dish either (and he'll eat anything).

Third time was just fine, nothing special and again it seemed over priced.

We won't be going back a forth time.

1  Thank Lynn T