“Inspired cuisine, slow service”
Review of Social Resto Lounge - CLOSED

Social Resto Lounge
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brock Street BBQ, offering brilliant and delicious BBQ meat Fresh and Sourced locally.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We bought a deal from Travel Zoo which entitled us to a 4 course meal at Social Resto Lounge in Whitby for 2. The decor was modern and comfortable. We sat at an upper level booth. We were greeted warmly and given a drink menu immediately. It took quite a while before our drink orders were taken and at least 10-15mins for our drinks to be served, but i really enjoyed my "pink panties". There were hardly any patrons in the restaurant at the time. When we finally received our drinks and waited a while again our server asked if we were ready to order, but we had not been given any menu yet........
The food was excellent, served piping hot and was just the right quantity once we ordered and it arrived at our table. The presentation was great and the taste wonderful. We had that firecracker asparagus and grilled jalapeno peppers, grilled caesar salad, which i found delicious but still trying to figure out if i like warm lettuce.....jerk chicken breast which my husband said was well spiced and i had the butternut squash agnolotti which was fantastic. I could not finish my entree, but my husband was pleased to do so for me....
Dessert was also original, well presented and delicious. I had the chocolate raspberry creme brule and my husband had the banana bread toffee sticky pudding which was awesome!
We were never asked if we would like tea or coffee so we left and went elsewhere for that, but overall the food was very good and we will return again soon. I would go earlier though as there was a band setting up Friday night part way through our meal and the sound checks were annoying and moreso were the group of smokers outside the front of the restaurant infront of a large garage style door so that their smoke wafted into the rear of the restaurant, which was extremely unpleasant...If we weren't finishing up and planning to leave shortly I would have complained, however I don't think we should have had to.......The chef deserves to be in a far more sophisticated environment.

1  Thank Haggis678

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I purchased 2 dinner vouchers for this establishment from Travelzoo sight unseen. Initially I was very disillusioned. The premise is relatively small and the bar area occupies about 33% of the square footage. Despite the atmosphere (loud and busy) the service was actually very good and the food commendable. Not your typical bar fare so I was pleased. The menu has good variety and will satisfy most tastes. The food came out hot and quite enjoyable. We utilized both vouchers on two different occasions and can honestly say that we will return to enjoy items on the regular menu. Word of warning however, the calamari lacks flavour and is not crispy like your typical restaurant fare. Also they have live bands on Friday and Saturday nights and it gets quite busy and loud so if your looking for a quiet dinner be sure to complete it by 9:00 p.m.

2  Thank 444SusyQ
Reviewed March 28, 2013

A couple days ago we dine in this restaurant. Food was fantastic.Restaurant renovated, warm and cozy. We loved it.

1  Thank Kwiku
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We bought the $55 deal from travel zoo and it was worth it. We were seated by the fireplace which was very comfortable. Had the asparagus firecrackers, spring rolls (both good) grilled Caesar, insalat with blueberry vinegrette and pistachios (excellent), chicken pesto primavera and butternut squash agnolotti (good, very creamy) and Reese cheesecake and creme brûlée for dessert (creme brûlée was the best I'd ever had!). The drinks menu looks great-I had the vanilla chai-tini which was frothy and delicious. Friendly staff who are very attentive.

1  Thank Nicole Q
Reviewed January 22, 2013

An excellently dinner all around! We purchased a coupon, and went simply for a night out with friends. We were pleasantly surprised, the food was delicious, the best caprese salad we have ever had, and a very different twist on a caesar salad. The portions were plentiful and the food was fresh and tasty. It was such a pleasure to enjoy a restaurant meal that was not made by a "corporation" We will go back, no coupon, it was that good.

1  Thank evilmom