“Such a great experience! We'd recommend it to anyone!”

Nature's Photo Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Whitby
Midland, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a great experience! We'd recommend it to anyone!”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Our experience with Nature's Photo Adventures was great from beginning to end. We are complete beginners and it was so nice to learn a bit more about our camera and how to take advantage of the settings available on it to take a properly exposed photo. It's always nice to be taught in layman's terms. David was very knowledgeable and made it easy to follow along and understand and we learned quite a bit. It was nice to be able to put our new knowledge to practice and this particular workshop was held at the zoo so that was really fun! When I had asked what types of cameras I should be looking into prior to having attended the workshop Jennifer was more than willing to share her advice and recommendations. I did end up purchasing one of the cameras she suggested and it's great! We hope to attend future workshops with Nature's Photo Adventures. It was a great experience and we highly recommend it! :)

1 Thank Kendra M
NaturesPhotoTeam, Manager at Nature's Photo Adventures, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Thank you for all the kind words. We offer local Snowy Owl Workshops. You can reserve for a week or only for a day. A very special experience with these wild owls. Ideal photographers, bird and nature lovers. More information with dates and pricing on our website.

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful, special day”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

David was a great instructor, the seminar prior to going out in the field was very helpful!

Visited November 2011
NaturesPhotoTeam, Public Relations Manager at Nature's Photo Adventures, responded to this review, December 3, 2015
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We offer bird photography and bear photography workshops around the world. Be sure to sign up to our email list and subscribe to our YouTube video channel full of free photography lessons by David Hemmings

Jennifer
Bowmanville, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“MACRO workshop at the Metro Toronto Zoo”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I learned a lot and had a great time. The group was small and the individual attention from David, the workshop leader, was excellent. We started out with a classroom session in the coffee shop on the grounds. After hearing about the basics of macro photography we headed out to the Malayan pavilion to shoot some low-light, indoor shots. The place was small and rather crowded but we managed. David let me borrow his Tamron 90mm macro lens, thank you David, and I was able to learn a lot and get some great test shots. David also showed me how to use my external flash to full advantage. I will post some of the butterfly shots that I was able to get in the pavilion. After this we headed outside to try some outdoor macro photography. This wasn't as interesting for me but it was useful.
I was able to get this workshop on sale for $59 and I would recommend it at this price. Entrance to the zoo is extra but I was able to save money by buying a Groupon. After the seminar ended at noon, I stayed at the zoo and photographed the animals outdoors in the Africa section of the zoo.

1 Thank travelbug9999Ontario
Marietta, Georgia
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Going out on a photography walk with Rob Palmer was a great experience. I learned so much that I decided to stick around for a few hours after class ended to practice what I had learned. Now I feel like I will get so much more out of camera. The pics tell the story. except for cropping and sharpening on the cheetah I didn't do any photoshopping. they're a ways away from being truly professional, but not bad.

Visited October 2011