“Now the best place for Hakka in town”
Review of Go For Thai

Go For Thai
Ranked #179 of 332 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Consistency in high quality lunch specials combined with the dramatic decrease in EVERYTHING over at the previously crowned best place for Hakka east of Scarborough (Tangerine on Taunton) makes this the choice in Whitby. Give yourself some extra time if dining in during the week at lunch (always understaffed), or call in your order for takeout ahead of time.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not the fanciest place but friendly staff serving terrific Thai and Hakka food in a bright and cheery setting. I highly recommend having a visit. Please keep in mind that this is not a high end restaurant. Good food at good prices.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Gave this place a try on the recommendation of another restaurant owner in the area. Based on what they said, I was excited to try the Hakka and Thai cuisines. The problem with Durham is that it lacks true authentic asian cuisines so whenever something is recommended, I get my hopes up.

I ordered the chili chicken, basil beef, Thai spring rolls and green papaya salad. The basil beef and papaya salad were good although not anywhere near what Young Thailand in Toronto used to be. It is about the best Thai food I have had in Whitby however. The spring rolls and chili chicken on the other hand were disappointing. The spring rolls lacked any remote hint of Thai flavors or any flavor for that matter. The chili chicken should have been called salty chicken. Not sure if it was due to the gravy which the restaurant recommended.

For a first try, I give this place a 50/50. I will try is again as it may have been an off night.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have a surprise birthday party this weekend and are looking for a restaurant to supply the food.
This one is close to home and they serve Thai and Hakka food. It is Hakka that we want for dinner, so we decided to have dinner and see if the food would be suitable for the party. For dinner we had the chili chicken, ginger beef, garlic tofu and Hakka noodles. The food was tasty and freshly prepared. The decor is quite nice and the restaurant was 3/4 full on a Monday at 5:30 PM. Take out service was busy too. I'll come back, and sample the Thai portion of the menu next time.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We've ordered take out from here several times. The pad thai and seafood noodles are good. Comparable to Thai food in Toronto.