“don't order the quesadillas”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Ranked #57 of 323 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitby, Canada
“don't order the quesadillas”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have never written a review before but this last visit deserves comment. The waitress we had was very good, friendly and efficient. I have been to 'The Oak' several times.. never know what to order.. nothing is great but the restaurant is convenient, staff are friendly, and the atmosphere is acceptable. I ordered the quesadillas this time and for $1.99 extra you can order guacamale. The guacamale is tasteless and the serving is small.. only worth 50 cents at best. The salsa is also tasteless. How can you 'screw up' an easy meal like that. ALSO I have diarrhea which makes me think the chicken is 'bad':(

• Visited February 2013

“Always have a wonderful time!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff is friendly and top-notch, the restaurant is clean as are the restrooms, the overall feel of the pub is very inviting and welcoming, many beers to choose from, the food's presentation is nice and the flavors are very acceptable but I can see where some folks may find the quality may not be to their expectations. It's still always a great, fun, and memorable evening and I always look forward to this pub every time I visit from the US. Overall - I will always return here time and time again. :)

Whitby, Canada
“it's ok”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

the service is very,very good. tons of beer to choose from. great tv's at the bar. lots of other tv's around the place. the food is hot. it's overpriced, but all the good ones are. overall i recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
Whitby
“CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

First off the food is frozen, my buffalo chicken wrap was bland and cold and I could of done a better job making it myself. The service was horrible waiting forever for the food I don't why because it's frozen. I will not return to this establishment in the future

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sarah B
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Neither a Pub nor a restaurant”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Overpriced beer (served in half empty glass) Terrible acoustics. Falls short on the restaurant side acceptable food but in cramped and noisy surroundings and as a bar. No room to play pool or socialise. Blarring TVs and music prevent conversation. Come on Royal Oak you have a captive audiance in Whitby Shores you could do far better. Having visited on three seperate occasions I will be considering inviting friends around mine (Cheaper beer and at least I have a pool table rather than spend over $85 on beer and wings.

Visited December 2012