“Quiet and comfortable”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Reviewed December 31, 2009

In 2009 I stayed 158 nights while working in the area. I got to know their staff on a first name basis and found them to be excelent. When I worked night shift the housekeeping staff did not start a vacuum cleaner anywhere near my room unless the DND sign was off my door.The rooms were suites with a king sized bed separated from the living area with french doors. Each suite was equipted with a microwave, bar refrigerator and wet bar. The hotel is located near a food mall that has a good choice of restaurants and an Extreme Fitness is also located at the mall for anyone staying long term at the hotel or overnight guests can use the small fitness room at the hotel. The hotel has a breakfast room and offers a free continential breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank buckyoo1

Reviewed October 24, 2009

We arrived at Toronto airport at 8.30pm and picked this hotel as an overnight stop to avoid Toronto rush-hour traffic. Phoned up on the night and desk clerk advised us that a king suite was only $3 more than a standard room ($119 inc taxes).

Plenty of parking outside. Room faced the back and was very quiet.
Big living room area and big bedroom with huge bed with about 5 pillows. Very comfortable sleep.
A decent breakfast was included in the room price.

Excellent place and we'd certainly stop again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David4758
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Stayed on a Thursday April 9th (Easter weekend) for one night.

Staff was very friendly. Hotel was noisy (could hear traffic at night and someone's fan running all night). At 11:30pm I had to call front desk as young adults were yelling, running down corridors, up/down the stairs and kept us awake. I had 2 little dogs with us and it was really hard to keep them from not growling at all this commotion. As soon as I called security, they dealt with problems instantly and not a peep after that. Beds are super comfy.

Maybe make sure you ask for a room away from highway and mostly not near a staircase.

Breakfast was really good and the lady working in that morning really was fun to talk too.

Overall we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank helsyl
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We have been going to the Durham area for our kid's tournaments for many years. Since our groups usually ask our travel agency for suites, i'm always hopeful it will be the Quality Suites. Again last weekend we stayed there and enjoyed our stay. The rooms are spacious, clean and affordable. There is parking all around the hotel and the entrances are well-located, which makes it a short distance away to your car, especially when lugging around hockey bags! Included in the deal is a continental breakfast, which was just right for us. Many restaurants and shops are a short distance away by car. Whenever we are in the Durham area for other reasons, I will make sure to choose the Quality Suites in Whitby!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank legouge
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Surprisingly impressive! I visit my adult son who lives in Oshawa. I always try to book a room with a pull-out sofa (for him). I have stayed at at least 6 Oshawa/Whitby area hotels and THIS property overall, beats all the rest!
Very nice staff. Helpful and attentive. The lobby is nice with the breakfast room off to the side. Vending machines work and have a nice variety. The room is huge! Microwave, fridge, bar sink. Sfa bed and chair. Dining table w/ 4 chairs. Great window view. Then the bedroom is closed with two curtained doors. Tv in both areas. The king size bed was comfortable! I am used to the Hilton line of great bedding and this was only a slight step down! Oh, I AM a smoker and I am very cognizant of smelly rooms. I travel with candels and air freshner. I also insist on a room with windows that open fr ventalation. This room did NOT smell stale or smoke-laden. Great size bathroom with the nice bath amenities. Towels bright white and semi-fluffy. The in-room coffee supply was generous over the course of my 4 day stay due to leave a note for the housekeeper each day asking for triple coffee and condiments. The room was clean as a whistle. The property is also pretty.

Access to the 401 is close as well as shopping and some good restaurants. J.B's Mongolian Grill ( yes the exact same chain that we have in Columbus, Cincinnati areas!) is in the Whitby Entertainment Centrum off of Thickson Rd on Consumers Dr. There is also a Starbucks both about 1 mile from the hotel.

Draw backs? Windy road back a ways to the hotel. Nothing within walking distance. Faces the 401, although room was not noisy. No swimming pool. There is a great court yard where one should have been placed. It's a shame because I think this could be a 4 star hotel with a pool and a restaurant, or at least an eatery next door.

You will not be disappointed in comfort, value and great customer service.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank Buckeye460
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for one night. I was very impressed . The beds were the most comfortable-I felt like I was on a cloud. Staff were very efficient and friendly. Suite was great- had alll the amenities. Room was spotless. The complimentary continental breakfast was extremely impressive- had everything you could possibly want . The best hotel stay ever for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank sheelOttawa
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding in Whitby. It sits at the edge of a field on the access road along the 401. It's a bit of a walk to nearby restaurants and stores, but these surrounding stores are easily accessible by car. It's about 1/2 way between Oshawa and Whitby.
The motel is relatively new and this showed in the carpet, fixtures, and other amenities. It was clean and well-kept. High-speed Internet access is available. The free breakfast is good - better than most in my experience with a good variety of fruits, yogurt, cereals, toast, etc.
The staff was friendly and I did not experience any significant problems, other than a shower handle that was darn near impossible to turn on the first time (I'm pretty strong).
This motel was a few dollars more than some of the others, but it had a high rating here. I went with it anyway and was not disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank skaterdude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!