“A gold standard stay”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently stayed one night at the Quality Suites in Whitby and had a great hotel experience. The suite, the bed, the customer service were excellent. While this hotel has been there for a while, we still got that "like new" feeling while staying there. One of the best features of the hotel is their small "fresh air" windows that allowed us to get fresh air from the outside to supplement the hotel air system. My wife suffers from serious "dry eyes" and therefore we look for hotels that have windows that open. This is a gold standard hotel in every way. We would stay there again and would recommend it to family and friends. Jim

Room Tip: Get a room on the north side, away from the traffic along the 401.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank James G

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My company has booked this hotel for me to stya for 3 nights - going by some reviews, I was a bit nervous. Glad that my apprehensions turned false! The frint desk staff are truly pleasing, sincere and helpful.
The suite was great - both in terms of space and facilities. I certainly got more value than the money. Breakfast was great with multiple options and I noted prompt replenishment of items. Certainly will stay again in my next visit to Oshawa.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The cleanliness of the hotel is awful. My husband is allergic to dust and got so sick I had to move him to another hotel! They still charged me 1/2 rate for making my husband so sick, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank NGreatbanks
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A nice size suite. This location is very close to the highway though. Some road noise can be heard in the south facing rooms at night. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The price is right for a single suite. HD 46"( I think) TVs in both the living room and the bedroom. I would stay here again when in Whitby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kyle_from_Ottawa
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times, but this will be our last.

There has been a continual decline of the property’s appearance, but we’ve always written it off as being general “wear & tear” however, during this visit we found out why there is such a rapid decline.

5 different sports teams were staying at the hotel, and had free run of the building. Kids were running in the halls, doors were propped open so that everyone could “talk” to one another room to room...pure pandemonium.

Moving to a different floor wasn’t an option, as the teams had been spread throughout the 3 floors “to keep certain teams apart” and “to keep the peace”.

Peace? What peace?

At 6 o’clock in the afternoon, we had the door to our room closed, the doors to our bedroom closed, (suite) the heating was on, as was the TV, but we couldn’t hear the news over the ruckus in the hallway. A call to the front desk had a staff member come to our floor and ask the children to return to their rooms and to be quiet, but after he returned to the front desk, it was back to the boisterous behaviour once again.

Another call near 10 p.m. was unable to exact any results. The management had done all that they could – sorry.

When leaving, about 11 p.m., we noticed that the main floor was awash with a sea of kids and adults, all of whom didn’t seem to care how loud they were, or just how disruptive they were acting.

It appears that Quality Suites are taking the overflow from the neighbouring Travelodge, which has similar comments about rowdy sports teams.

The management appears to be more concerned about that quantity of guests rather than the quality of their guest’s experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank RescueTeam
Reviewed February 3, 2013

There was rings inside the cups that were left for us to use, the ice container had cola ( i hope) stains on it, if there is wind outside it howls while you try to sleep. Avoid if possible. The breakfast was available and ok . They do not clean the rooms very well you feel like in a cheap motel even if it is a suite. Needs a serious upgrade refresh to be at thelevel of others.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank R C
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love the Quality Suites, the rooms are so nice. I love my bed had a great night sleep. Room was very clean. House keeping staff are so friendly and nice to talk with.
The front desk staff always had a warm smile to greet me with.
I truly wish every hotel was set up like the Quality Suites, as the rooms are so nice with couch, kitchen table and two tvs.
I look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kittycat1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitby
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!