“One night stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Ottawa, Canada
“One night stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel overnight after a Mosport Racing Experience in Bowmanville (very cool!). The hotel is easy to find, and very clean. We booked a jacuzzi room, and the jacuzzi was very clean and right beside the bed in the main room. We didn't end up using it as we were just so tired after our day.

We were given the first room beside the lobby on the main floor, right beside the ice machine and door to lobby. The ice machine turned on and off, humming all night, and woke me up several times. The air conditioner was also very loud. Irritating! We asked to move away from the ice machine but was told the hotel was sold out. Oh well. Service was great and we received a bag of water, chips and granola bar on arrival because we are Priority Club members. The free breakfast in the morning was fine with some hot items, and good coffee. All in all a decent stay. Would stay there again but not on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the highest floor away from ice machine when you make the reservation.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaBOttawa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sault Ste Marie
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Booked early for two nights for a wedding nearby and had a very nice room 3 doors from the east entrance with all amnemities. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel is so handy to highway 401 and also the Go Train. The only problem was we could not get an extension on our room due to the hotel being completely booked for the balance of the weekend.

Room Tip: Book your rooms well ahead of time
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Basswood72
Meg B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review!
I am so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us!
If you are ever in the area again and need a room, feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to personally set up your reservations.

Kind regards,
Meg Brooke
Sales Manager
sales@expresswhitby.com
Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 10, 2012

this property was very nice looking building on the outside very well kept and clean when you walked in the lobby was very nice and clean the staff was very friendly and helpful the room was very clean and comfortable overall i would rate this property a 10 and i would most definetly stay there again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhall115
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback.
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we would be happy to have you back!
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I booked this hotel for our wedding guests and the Jacuzzi Suite for our wedding night in February (or so I thought). When reserving the room and booking the Suite I signed and returned an agreement. When confirming the booking the week of the wedding they informed me that the Jacuzzi Suite was already booked at the time of booking (in February) and they were waiting for the other guest to cancel. At first, they offered a $10 discount for a choice of two down-graded rooms. After being put on hold a number of times, transfered, and then sent to voicemail, I called back within a minute and was told that the Sales Manager I was dealing with was now dealing with another customer (my issue must not have been that important). Then after being told by the woman at the front desk that she was too busy to confirm one of our wedding guests was staying there I was transfered to the manager. He tried to sell me on giving me a "better" room (which is clearly less expensive and not as nice). Then told me he could offer an even better price for the "better" room for "$99, which is like giving it to me for free". Obviously free is free, plus I had 6 other guests staying at the hotel, which we worked out to be approximately $1000 worth of business.

Not to mention the "special" rate for our guests that we agreed to in February was more expensive than the online rate leading up to the wedding.

They also told one of my guests that the wedding block was all booked up - which was not true.

I called head-office, who were much more polite. Although, I did have to call and explain my situation twice because I was put on hold and disconnected. They also told me they would call me the next day, which never happened.

Anyways, the Marriott Residence Inn next door were very accomodating as they immediately lowered their rate (by $30) to match the rate for all of our guests. Plus, offered my bride and I a double-room at the same rate as our guests. They also managed to meet the request of having chocolates for each of our guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GottaLoveTrips
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your experience was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our staff for your experience. The interaction with our staff members with regards to your comments about the overbooking of the Jacuzzi Suite is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back in the future so that you can experience the hotel as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are looking to book rooms again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope you and your new bride had a perfect wedding day. Congratulations!

Meg Brooke
Sales Manager
905-665-8400 Ext. 502

Travelers are raving about these Whitby hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I booked this hotel after 1 previous excellent experience with HIE (in Dieppe) and I chose this HIE over Best Western Durham (which btw is about $30 cheaper for the same: bed and breakfast).

The experience with HIE Whitby has been fine but it is nothing special. The lobby is nice, front desk staff pleasant but not exceptional. Rooms are rather small. Everything looks much larger and nicer on their photographs. Breakfast so so. Many restaurants nearby. No concerns over cleanliness. They have no cribs for infant but they do have a high chair (weird). Overall met our needs but did not exceed expectations. If you're hesitating, go for Best Western - you will save yourself thirty dollars.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank prudenttrav
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear prudenttrav,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not being able to deliver exemplary quality and service during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show how great our hotel is.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I often stay there on business and always have very friendly staff at the front desk to greet me. Room are very clean, spacious and confortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
toronto
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were visiting family in the area so stayed a saturday night.
The check in was quick, the room was clean fairly large with a fridge & microwave.
The bed was comfortable although the pillows could have been better.
The parking lot was full but we never heard any noise.
There are a number of bars & food places within walking distance. The Greek Tycoon on
Brock Street is one of our favourites

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jobber68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby

Been to Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa? Share your experiences!