“lunch bunch”

The Lake Grill
Ranked #13 of 330 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Whitby for over 10 years, casual, fine dining and friendly service. Specialize in seafood, premium grade steak and delicious sauce pasta. Highly recommended to make reservations for dinner and lunch on weekdays and Saturday dinner. Gourmet breakfast on the weekend (9:00 am to 2:00 pm), sorry no reservations. We believe in fresh, in-house sauces, dressings, desserts and more. Catering available offsite.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My friend and i had the opportunity to enjoy a leisurely lunch last week,October 18 and thoroughly enjoyed the crabcakes with mango appetizer followed by the red snapper special. very succulent and flavourful. Service was friendly and my only comment is for lunch during the week time is important for folks needing to get back to work on time. All in All this restaurant would get my vote of approval.

1  Thank jandjtourists

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Today was our third visit; for the first two the food had been good but the service had been slow and inattentive. This time the room was busy but not full and we still waited at the door for several minutes before being shown to a table. The waitress left the menus on the table and took off before we arrived without giving us a welcome or taking a drinks order. After ten minutes the two waitresses had passed us by several times, carefully avoiding eye contact or acknowledging our presence.
We decided to leave and stood up to go and give them a last opportunity to serve us but still nobody noticed. I am six foot three and hard to miss. We went to the car and my wife realized she had left her purse on the chair and she went back in to fetch it; the menus lay on the table where we had left them and still none of the staff appeared to notice that we had arrived or left.
Needless to say we will not be back, which is too bad as good restaurants in the area are hard to find. But if the service does not match the food you cannot claim to offer fine dining.

1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to The Lake Grill with my two co-workers in September. They had never been there before. They really enjoyed their dinning experience at the lake grill! We had soup to start which we all thought was amazing! Then our meals were Veal, Bang bang chicken, and a medditerian pasta! We all thought were yummy!!! Then to end the meal we had cheesecake :) we were all very happy with our food, the service, and the atmosphere! Now more of my co workers want to come back with us as we talk about how good it was at our work! We cant wait to go back! Thanks to the lake grill waitress's and chefs!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a seafood pasta that was amazing. My husband had a pan seared halibut steak and it was to die for. The service was very good and the all over experience was great.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My boyfriend took me to an elegant little restaurant called The Lake Grill in South Whitby. I worked at a fine dining restaurant for 8 years and have developed quite a picky personality when it comes to restaurants. I had heard of it, but had never had the chance to dine there!. Unaware of their hours, we came about 20 minutes before closing, but they did NOT turn us away! We were greeted by VERY friendly staff and had an amazing waitress! We ordered a lovely bottle of Shiraz (she was quite knowledgable of wine btw) and we both ordered a shrimp and chicken stirfry with grilled pineapple,baby corn,napa cabbage,bamboo shouts and cilantro. It was perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked and my mouth waters when I think of it!! I have to say that we both ABSOLUTLEY LOVED LOVED LOVED this meal!!! I've recommended The Lake Grill to many people since then, and will continue to in the future!! PLEASE, if you live near by, or will be in the area...check it out, you will not be disappointed!