“Great intimate friendly upscale restaurant”

The Lake Grill Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 347 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Whitby for over 10 years, casual, fine dining and friendly service. Specialize in seafood, premium grade steak and delicious sauce pasta. Highly recommended to make reservations for dinner and lunch on weekdays and Saturday dinner. Gourmet breakfast on Saturday (9:00 am to 2:00 pm), sorry no reservations. We believe in fresh, in-house sauces, dressings, desserts and more. Catering available offsite.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

IF you are in Whitby ,which is my hometown, and want to have an elegant meal try the Lakegrill. Located conveniently just south of the 401 off Brock Rd . This place gives you it all. Great food, intimate cozy atmosphere, friendly staff where you will usually know them and they will remember you if you return. Super seafood, pasta, steak and too die for desserts made in house , creme brulee by Norma is my favourite!! WE try adn go at leat every couple of months and find something to celebrate whenever we can !!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner it was the best food i've ever eaten!!! I had the medaterrainin pasta it was perfect. My husband had the striploin steak with a blue cheese sauce it was cooked perfectly and the sauce was out of this world!!! I had a bite it was the best steak ive had by far! Totally reccommend this restaurant!!! We have tried many restaurants its the best in durham region!!!

2  Thank daleglass
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our group had four different seafood entrees; each one was beautifully presented and delicious (although heavy on the salt). The pacing of the meal was very good, giving us time from course to course to enjoy the food/wine and socialize. The salad of organic greens has a nice mixture of veggies; the large is a generous portion for two to share.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Visited the Lake Grill on a Saturday night. Was full, but the server managed to make room for our party of 4. Maybe 15 tables; small, comfortable restaurant near the lake. Wine was great; meals are priced in the 20's. Server was a very friendly woman and with a great sense of humour, too. At the end of our meal, there were 4 empty plates, a testament to the cook's culinary talents. I had the veal; very tender. Would definitely go there again should I be in Whitby again. Would recommend reservations as it was very busy.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food here is really excellent. An intimate setting, nicely decorated. You wouldn't tell that the food it that good just looking at the outside, but it is worth the try.