“Outstanding Food & Service”
Review of Chatterpaul's

Chatterpaul's
Ranked #3 of 323 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Italian, Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pickering, Ontario
“Outstanding Food & Service”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

All of our party of seven gave rave reviews!
The food was excellent and well presented.
Service was cordial and efficient.
Bottom line: Go to Chatterpauls - you will not be disappointed

• Visited May 2014

Whitby, Ontario
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We returned to Chatterpaul's for my wife's birthday and it was excellent once again. We've eaten here 4 or 5 times and every single dish has been outstanding. They have excellent service despite being busy; in fact, I have tried and failed to make reservations 3 or 4 times, so if you want a table on a weekend, be sure to call at least two weeks in advance. This time I was at first disappointed because the head chef was not there, but the quality did not suffer. My friend asked if he could order the Surf n' Turf for 2 instead for 1 and they delivered. We used to live in Toronto and this Whitby restaurant is consistently better, with big portions and fair prices, while also being a creative blend of Caribbean, French and Asian cuisine on an always evolving menu.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank OneOf14
Gold Coast, Australia
“Always enjoyable”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Had a midday lunch and was very happy with the lunchtime menu. The selection was extensive and impressive. We both had a salmon dish but each was very different to the other. The restaurant was not very but but ours was a late lunch. Staff were friendly and the setting inside is modern and comfortable. Another enjoyable meal.

• Visited June 2014
Whitby, Canada
“Disappointed at the doorstep”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I wanted to go out for a special dinner and decided on Chatterpauls since it is very close to where we live. It was on a Friday evening around 6:30 when, naturally, it can get very busy. The hostess who "helped" us was extremely rude and unhelpful. In a very unhappy voice she asked "what can we help you with". Her body language complemented the tone in her voice. When I asked her if she could find us a table for 2 she rolled her eyes and said "that's gonna be at least 45 minutes or more". When I looked in the restaurant there were numerous tables open which according to her were all reserved. I told her that we were there for a very quick meal and asked for what times all the open tables were reserved she basically ignored me. Being from the hospitality industry I was totally flabbergasted and truly disappointed. I understand that Chatterpauls has wonderful food but the experience starts at the door and for now this door is closed.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Jan Z
Toronto, Canada
“Worth Chattering About”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our meal at Chatterpauls was delicious. Service was good and the window seating comfortable. Although outside the window was a parking lot the restaurant managed to have an elegant atmosphere. We stayed for much longer than originally intended and the server did not try to get us moving out the door like some places. The experience was very nice and I would highly recommend it for business luncheons. Our discussion lasted hours so that alone shows how comfortable and pleasant the restaurant was.

• Visited August 2013